4. 2nd Chances

ASHTONS POV

I just watched her run away from me. I didn't know whether to chase after her, or just let her be. That kiss... That kiss was the best kiss I've ever had. It felt as if I had  kissed an electric eel. Sparks were just running through my veins.

I don't understand why she ran away. Did she not like it? What did I do wrong? All those stupid love posts always say the best way to shut up a girl is to kiss her. I couldn't listen to another reason why she hates me.

I know what I did was pretty shitty. We all do. But come on, that was back in grade school. Everyone else has moved on so why can't she? She doesn't mind the others so much, it's mostly just me. I know I was the main cause, but it's torturing me. I have to suffer everyday knowing I ruined her, I messed up her life. It's all my fault. I feel so guilty about everything I did, but I can't take it back.

I've changed. I don't know how she can't see that. I changed for her. I changed because I want to earn back her friendship, her trust, and most of all, her love. I want her back more than anything in this world. Our love was ever lasting but I had to go and screw it all up. I'm the cause and her hatred is the effect.

If it wasn't for Elizabeth and Michael, none of us would be how we are now. We were all best friends in grade school. The girls had their group and us guys had our group. Once Elizabeth and Mikey hooked up, our groups merged.

Aslyn and I connected automatically. We were magnets, always hanging around each other. I had feelings for her even before our groups merged, it was just fate that we did come together. We were that cliche couple you saw in movies. Dates in the park, kisses in the rain, everlasting love, but my mistake ruined all of that.

We've never been the same since. I will always love her though. I'm trying so hard to earn back her trust, but I doubt I ever will. She's hated me from then on. Elizabeth and Michael are the only thing that keep me close to her. If they weren't around, I wouldn't get to see my beautiful love everyday.

I guess the only thing I can do is keep trying....

I begin to pick myself up from the ground. I have to talk to her, I'm not letting her get away this time. I begin to walk back towards the main area. I begin to see our group together as I come closer. They're all jumping around dancing to the music, all except Ashlyn. She was sitting down on our blanket playing on her phone. Did they not see that she was hurt?!

"Hey Ash! Where'd ya go?" Niall asked me while jumping up and down to the beat. I brushed past the energetic leprechaun and headed straight towards the hurt girl. The closer I got, the louder her cries became. How could they not notice?!

"Ashlyn, please, talk to me. I'm sorry." I crouched down next to her. She just looked away from me. She began to stand up but I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back down to me. "Ashlyn. Listen to me. I'm sorry about everything. About what happened all those years ago and what happened in the woods a few minutes ago. I couldn't help myself. You're such a beautiful girl, it was hard to not kiss you."  Ashlyn''s eyes were locked with mine, her face emotionless, pain enveloped her normally eccentric eyes.

"Leave me alone." With that, she pulled her hand away from my grip. I watched her hips sway as she walked over to Carmen. I watched as she put on the fake smile, the one only I knew was fake.

I needed to make it up to her, fast.

ASHLYNS POV

As I walked away from Ashton and towards Carmen, I quickly put on my fake smile and wiped away my tears.

"Hey! Where have you been?" Carmen had to scream over the loud music so I could hear her. I just shook my head, signalling I would tell her later. For now, I just disguised my hurt and joined into the group, letting the music take over my body.