Chapter 17

I know that I should be paying attention to Stark's plan. I think it has something to do with explosions, but I can't tear my eyes away from the metal body of Ultron sitting at my feet. It's over, yet Will is still dead and the only one left to blame is myself. If I had better control of my powers then I wouldn't need a doctor. Will wouldn't have needed to come to protect me from myself. Then he could still be at camp, alive and safe.

"You did well young demi-god," Thor booms while clapping my on the back. A stumble slightly from the force. "We must do this again."

"Thanks, but I don't want to fight anymore," I respectfully decline.

"Then we shall dine on the Midgard delicacy of shawarma."

"Sure," I relent. I'm already beginning to regret this, but I rather not get electrocuted because I denied a Norse god another request.

He returns my acceptance with a hearty laugh."Splendid, we shall all go." Then gestures to his team mates. I glance up, thinking his loud voice must have gained attention. Looks like I'm right. Everyone is staring us, some in confusion, others in interest.

"What did he call you?" Romanoff speaks first.I raise an eyebrow. What is she talking about?

"He said demi-god," Stark tells her. "He called you a demi-god," He turns to me. I guess they were listening to our conversation for longer than I thought. This isn't good. I haven't been given permission to tell them about my world. I would shadow travel away and avoid all of this, but I have to find Will's body so he can receive a proper funeral. Thor gives me a slightly apologetic glance and tries to fend off the other Avenger's confused questions.

"Earlier Thor called Nico a son of Hades," Vision offers, speaking over the other questions. "Hades is the Greek god of the Underworld," he rattles off.

"You don't need to explain. I know who he is," I try to make Vision stop talking.

"What do the Greek gods have to do with anything? They're just myths." Wanda's disbelief is followed by the sky rumbling around us.

"Would you stop that," I hiss, looking around for any stray lightning bolts. Gaining Zeus's attention is one of the last things I want to do right now.

"Stop doing what?" Rogers speaks in a calming, level voice. His hands are raised in peace as he takes a step closer. Great, they think I've gone crazy. I have to bite my tongue from correcting that theory and probably revealing something I shouldn't.

"Young di Angelo is referring to you calling the Greek deities myths," Thor explains in my stead. He really should learn when to keep his mouth shut.

"Wait," Clint collects his thoughts, "does that mean that they're real?" He tries to clarify.

"I'm not at liberty to answer that," I shut down the blossoming interrogation. "Isn't there something else we should be doing?" I prompt a new conversation. One that doesn't have to do with my heritage.

"He is right again, there are more pressing matter," Vision takes the bait.

"You don't want to know more about this kid, 'cause I do,' Stark protests.

"Nico's avoidance of questions certainly curious, but there we are still in danger of an apocalypse and the air is getting quite thin," Vision reminds everyone why we're on the floating city in the first place.

Iron Man's shoulders sag in the metal before straightening back up. "Alright," his suave act shinning through once more. "Thor, Vision, let's go blow something up. Widow, go find Banner and play him his lullaby; the rest of you, tell those S.H.E.I.L.D agent to fly the coop." Stark takes command. At least it got me out of the spot light.

The three heroes with flying capabilities take to the sky while Romanoff find an undamaged car and drives off in the other direction.

"Well, you heard the man." Clint ushers the rest of us towards the evacuation shuttles.

I let them get a head start. Turning back to the metal shell of Ultron, I summon the earth to swallow up what's left of him. I want him as close to that explosion as possible. "Are you coming?" I've let so many people sneak up on me lately. If I don't keep my guard up, I'll be dead before I can draw my sword. Though it's possible that the guilt will ease once I join Will.

Ugh, I swing around to punch the nearest column, but Wanda's red magic holds me back from making contact. All the pent up emotions packed into that punch drain away when my blow is cushioned. "Yeah, on my way." I turn around to face Wanda. She stands there just staring at me. Maybe I have gone crazy.

"We should go," She eventually says to get us moving.

"Okay," I agree quietly. One foot makes it in front of the other until I'm functionally walking away from my latest battle field.

The walk to the rest of the Avengers pass in a blur. Wanda doesn't try to make conversation, at least I don't think she does, I'm not really paying attention. A couple of times I consider asking about her brother, but it directs my thoughts back to Will and the words stick to my tongue. To soon the World's Mightiest Heroes come into view. Wanda's pace gains speed the closer she gets to Pietro while mine slows. She maneuvers her way through the people in her way and kneels next to her wounded, but living, brother.

You did this Will, you saved him. Will! I don't actually know where his body is. I'm about to go on a wild goose chase though the city when a body covered by a white sheet catches my eye. A once tanned hand pokes out from under it. A simple leather bracelet with a sun carved into it is wrapped around the pale wrist. It's Will's.

"Still don't understand, he was blasted full of holes," Steve mentions to Wanda as I get closer. "He should be dead." Normally that would be my cue to leave, but Will deserves other people to know what he did, what he sacrificed.

"Soul for a soul,"I speak up.

"What for a huh?" Clint blurts out.

"Will gave his soul to bring Pietro's back. The trade shouldn't have been valid, but Will always had a knack for doing the impossible."

"A deal with the devil, didn't see that coming," Pietro croaks. Clint nods solemnly in agreement. I'm tempted to explain that my father is not the devil, but I need to leave. A funeral pyle needs to be made and a funeral planned.

"Well, see ya," I bid good bye.

"Wait, you can't just leave," Rogers starts.

"Watch me." I summon the shadows to take Will home.

I'm aiming for the infirmary. Despite my curse of bad luck, that's where the shadows spit us out. "Nico!" One of Will's siblings exclaims. I did just show up without any warning.

I want to explain what happened. Why their brother is dead because of me, but I've been greedy with my powers. It's starting to take it's toll. "I'm sorry," I manage before the last of my strength fades. The darkness welcomes me into it's familiar embrace of unconsciousness and demi-god dreams.

A/N: We're coming to the end. In light of that, I want to thank everyone that is still reading, voting, and commenting. I don't think I would have the motivation to finish this if it wasn't for my readers being so nice.

This is kinda important, I want to write a sequel to this, but I need feedback. My plan is to have it set during Spider-man homecoming. Nico would go to school, meet Peter, and all that stuff. Please let me know it this is a good idea and something you would consider reading. Thank you.

Disclaimer: Even though I'm exited for Infinity Wars, I'm not Marvel. I'm also not Rick Riordan.