Chapter 5

Five pairs of eyes, varying in color, hold Will and I trapped in their gaze as the Avengers wait for an explanation. Will glances at me, but I take a step back, offering no aid in the explaining. He sighs in annoyance at my resistance to help.

"What do you know about Gree-" I drown out his words with a loud cough. He glares at me out of the corner of his eye, but I pretend not to notice. "We're demi-" This time I stomp on his foot to prevent him from saying something he shouldn't. "Do you want to say something?" Will asks louder than necessary. Unfortunately his outburst startles the only female Avenger (I think her name is Black Widow) enough that she feels the need to train her gun on us again.

"What he's trying to say is that we're going to help you clean up the mess that a certain billionaire has created." I tell our audience, hoping that Will might catch on enough to keep the god talk to a minimum, but I make it clear that the last part is directed towards a certain man of iron.

The hero mentioned is still standing at the front door; I watch as his expression flickers between defensiveness and guilt before finally settling on confusion. "But you're just kids." He states rather lamely.

I want to make a sarcastic remark about his blatant response, but I'm beaten to it. "A remarkable observation, Stark." A man dressed in all black, including his eyepatch, says in what I think would have been a sarcastic tone if he didn't look  so serious. Ironman, or Stark, startles slightly before turning to see who snuck up behind him.

"Director Fury." Stark greets the new comer, not looking too concerned that a man wearing a gun on his hip just made him jump. I look at the other Avengers and find each of them all in different states of surprise, but none of them seem threatened by the man in black. While my attention shifted away from the man in question, his gaze becomes trained on Will and I.

"Will Solace and Nico di Angelo, I assume." The director doesn't phrase it like a question, but Will decides to treat it like one."Solace"Will points to himself. "Di Angelo" He points to me. Fury shifts his glance entirely to me. "Your father informed me that you would be here." Thankfully he doesn't seem to expect me to answer. "He also said that you might need these."  He tosses me a pile of files connected by a rubber band. I catch them with ease when I hear the gun go off. My time at camp pays off as I was able to move enough so that the bullet that was heading towards my right arm only grazed me and instead became embedded in the wall behind me. Within seconds all of the Avengers have some sort of weapon aimed at Will and I. Will, in turn, removes the mist that was hiding his bow and points an arrow at Fury.  In fact, the only ones in the room that don't have weapons drawn are me, and now that he holstered his gun, Director Fury.

Instead of being worried that I was just fired on, a small smirk comes to my face. "If I knew that there was going to be a test I would have came better prepared." my voice is quite but, it sounds loud in the silent room. No one looks eager to say something, so I continue. "Did I pass?"

"Stand down." The director commands after moments of silence. All the avengers, though reluctant, lower their weapons. Will follows suit, but doesn't bother cloaking his bow and arrows in mist.

"You're bleeding." Will diagnoses without even looking at me. I stare at the blood running down my arm from where the bullet grazed me with a grim detachment. "I'll go get my first aid kit." He informs us as he walks out the door to get his bags from where we left them with Mrs. O'Leary. I don't even have time to argue that I don't need medical aid before he's gone.

I start reading through the files on the avengers I were just given when a voice I haven't heard speak yet catches my attention. "Can't you feel it?" I stare at the man confused.    "The bullet wound." He classifies. I look at the files in my hand until I find the one with a picture the man speaking. I start reading the basic information while I reply.

"No, I don't feel it Dr. Banner." He looks surprised that I know his name, but it's easy to remember when you have it right in front of you. Before anyone else can comment on my abnormal resistance to pain, Will comes back in with our bags in hand.

"Sit." Will pulls out a chair from the kitchen table next to us. "It wasn't a request." He says when I don't move. I begrudgingly take a seat very aware of the avengers trying and failing to hold back laughs. Will starts to dress the wound like any other doctor, but it's all for show. Better to not let the mortals know that gauze soaked in nectar can heal me in minuets. "Done." Will announces as he ties the bandages tighter that it needs to be.

I brush Will off and stand up. "Shows over." I grumble. "We have more important things to worry about."

"He's right." Captain or, according to his file, Steve Rogers agrees. "Lets go stop Ultron." I roll my eyes at his rally cry.

Authors note: Sorry for not writing in so long, and thank you to everyone who read, voted on, and/or commented on my story.

Disclaimer: Marvel and Rick Riordan own everything I own nothing.