Chapter 3

I head to the infirmary, hoping to find Will there when some camper who isn't watching where they're going runs right into me. They lose their balance and fall into a heap on the ground.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." I stare down at the boy who still hasn't picked himself up off the ground yet before offering him a hand up. "Hi Nico." He says quietly as he accepts my help.

"Why such a hurry Solace?" I smirk at the son of Apollo standing before me.

"I came looking for you actually." I raise an eyebrow in question. "A good doctor makes sure their patient doesn't turn into a pool of shadows after randomly disappearing at breakfast." I roll my eyes at his constant worrying.

"I'm fine, besides we have better things to worry about." I'm interrupted by the camp's equivalent to a dinner bell (I've must have slept through lunch). "Meet me later; I need to tell you something." I decide to make my way back to my cabin when someone grabs my arm causing me to freeze. I look back and glare at the blonde nuisance. Let's just say his hand was removed rather quickly.

"If it's so important then you can tell me about it up at the dining pavilion." Will states and some how I don't think he will take no for an answer.

"Fine." I relent as a large grin spreads over Will's face. I'm going to regret this I think while following him up to the pavilion with him checking to make sure I don't disappear every five seconds.

I take a seat at the Hades table with Will sitting across from me resulting in more than a few odd looks. "So, what's this important thing you want to tell me?"

"My father has issued a quest." Will fails miserably at keeping the look of complete and utter shock clear from his face. After a couple seconds he seems to compose himself and allows me to continue. I tell him the basics, how Hephaestus and some self important mortal messed with things that they had no right to along with my dream of Hawkeye. When he heard that I had met Hawkeye (even though in a dream and doesn't really count) he started to fanboy and only stopped when I reminded him that he would get to meet Hawkeye too. When I finished he just sat there in quiet contemplation

"Why am I going?" Will finally asks.

"My father thinks that I disregard the side effects that come with shadow travel and need a doctor to make sure I don't over exert myself." I respond

"He said that?" I don't know why Will would do so surprised.

"Not in so many words, but yes." I was so focused on the quest that I didn't notice how many campers left for the campfire until now. "Meet me in the arena tomorrow morning, so that Mrs. O' Leary can take us to the Avengers." I tell Will as I get up and walk away without giving him the chance to say anything.

I starts to head back to my cabin before deciding that I've slept enough today and instead change direction towards the woods. While an inexperienced camper is warned against going anywhere near the woods stocked with dangerous monsters, as a son of Hades I'm usually left alone. Somethings I even see the collection of trees as a safe haven. I guess that's why, when a a small gnome hobbles up next to me I'm more surprised then anything else. I watch slightly amused as he beats his chubby little fists harmlessly against my leg.

"Die demigod scum." The gnome declares in its squeaky voice. I chuckle slightly under my breath before bending down and poking it lightly. Apparently gnomes don't have very great balance and the slightest touch causes it to fall on its back. "Ultron will be pleased when you are destroyed." It threatens as its tiny legs thrash about, trying to find a way to push it self up. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not completely heartless. I help the poor gnome up from his position on the ground, but before I let him go, I give him a message.

"Tell Ultron that he doesn't have to worry about Earth's Mightiest Heroes because the prince of hell is going to kill him long before any mortal will." I didn't know that a gnome could make its tinny legs move that fast.
My trip to the woods has been ruined, so I make my way back to my cabin hoping that I can get a little bit of sleep before the quest starts tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I don't own HOO or Avengers even if I wish I did.