Super day

Another day in college in my dorm doing my homework for my Civics class. I hear the news broadcaster saying something about the towns superhero and her fight of the night with old opponent. Then with a final blow the hero defeats the villain once more. I count the minutes when the door open to reveal my roommate disheveled. And trying to act natural. " come here let's see today's injuries"  limps towards me " you know you don't have to help me. I can heal pretty quickly and if it's bad I have a doctor." " yeah but you'll heal extra fast if I treat you, and I'm come from a family of doctors I know what I'm doing. Now go change so I can examine you"  she groans as she leaves to her "check-up" clothes, which are a sports bra and boyshorts underwear. She finishes changing and continues to limp I sigh at the sight of her knee which is clearly badly sprained and some bruises barley forming by her chest. "Sit do- no scratch that lay down on the recliner." before she takes another step I carry her bridal-style to the recliner I hear her mutter something about being extra. I set her down on the chair and pull it back so she's in a horizontal position. I feel around her ribs to make sure she didn't break any, she hasn't. " you got your homework done or are you stalling?" " correction did I get OUR homework done and yes I did I just got the last the question of the civics." " haha ok... I want to sleep" " in a minute just let me fix your knee and check for any other damages." I hear her roll her eyes this new ear she programed me is getting me on my nerves. " hey you couldn't let me be deaf in one ear? Couldn't you get me an ear that doesn't hear movements? Like really? I feel like a super mom, I'm honestly too young to be a mom." " you are the mom friend after all don't see how an advanced ear is bringing you discomfort. Anyway when you do have children you can be a super mom, I can see you be the scariest mom of all time." I ice her knee getting the bandages ready. Making sure her leg is elevated " alright I'm almost done with you after this you eat then rest." I see her smile slightly " we still got pasta from yesterday?" "nah we got ramen though." she softly wines like a small child. I smile at her protest remembering the first night after a battle, not as harsh as this one but she still came pretty battered. "Y'know this world has plenty of heros to send off you- you don't have to do this. You can always-" " milly I know you don't like me getting hurt and whatnot but to use this power for my personal benefit and not help the citizens out here it's- it's just selfish and even more evil than those who misuse their abilities." I stay quiet not noticing the single tear escaping, but she did " look i have to help it's my job I have-" " you don't have to do anything if you just sat down and relaxed for a day... maybe a week the world wouldn't fall apart, but if you died fighting doing your job then my world will-" realizing what I had just said  I quickly turn to leave till I feel her grab hold of my wrist " i'm not going to-" "BULL YOU CAN'T PROMISE IF YOU LIVE OR NOT YOU CAN'T YOU CAN'T PROMISE ME YOU'LL BE SAFE EITHER DON'T- don't promise me anything like that just- just promise you'll understand you deserve to enjoy life with the same luxury as me and not having to risk your life for these ungrateful, selfish, horrible-" at this point I'm holding back my urge to scream and cry " I'm done you should serve yourself some dinner... imma go to bed." I turn to my room to hide from the problem I feel coming. " hey you can't hide forever and you know it. You made the decision to not kick me out the dorm when you found out. I'm not saying that you brought this on yourself but- but why did you do it? Why didn't you do it? I'm a burden to you, to the world... that's why I fight to repay everyone who had to deal with me to show them that all their hard work didn't go to waste..." I refuse to look at her because I can already see her broken face filled with shame. Then I hear it her sobbing which breaks me internally. I gather my strength to speak " how many times must I tell you that you're not a burden...  not to me and not to anyone else, I didn't tell anyone who you were because I respected your privacy, I help you with your homework and wounds because it's in my nature to help and i would never let you go out there helpless, though I'm sure you're fully capable" I feel her arms wrap around me and her tears being absorbed into my shirt, nails digging into my skin the only going through my mind is the sound of her heartbroken wimpers. I turn to be closer to her, to her heart. We stand there in each others  in til  I realize that she's fell asleep in my arms levitating 6 inches off the floor, I carry her into my room since it's closer and tuck her in, but when I try to retreat to the couch she grabs my arm tugging it towards he. Sighing I follow through and sleep next to the best person in the world.