Books and Covers.

"You've knocked him out cold," The king sighed shakily, propping an elbow on the throne's golden arms and face-paling with shame. He rubbed his forehead with his hand, shaking his head from left to right in a slow manner. "If this happens ever again, I'll have to lower your rank. From a captain, you'll go down to a Town guard. Don't make me do this, Jung Hoseok. Don't let it happen."

His tone was strict and low, staring at the guard that bowed down with respect in front of him. You understood why Hoseok punched Jimin- sometimes you can't think at all when you're scared- but he did take it too far. Jimin was injured badly, but he was resting and recovering. Though you were happy. Not because the prince was injured, of course, but because you had some alone time for yourself now.

Although... You felt bad for Jimin. His fall was quite painful.

~40 minutes ago~

And he hit.

Straight in the face, straight in the cheek. No hesitation, no regrets.

Everything happened slowly which made things seem even more painful. Hoseok's metal-covered hand slid from his knuckles to the top of his hand as the prince's face moved along with the punch. The sharp layers of metal had scratched his cheek harshly, leaving red marks and small bits of ripped skin to bleed.

After the punch, the guard extracted his hand back and simply watched the blonde with watery eyes. One of Jimin's hands reached over to touch his left cheek- the one that was now injured- feeling the marks that sting with the tips of his fingers. His face grew pale however, and he felt dizzy. Next thing you know, he loses control over himself, his body goes limp and he falls off of the horse.

He falls on the soft grass and remains there, all still and lifeless- looking. Missy moves away from the prince's body quickly, in panic, trotting to the group of other guards and horses. But the group of men moved fast, some dismounting and running over to the royal who was laying on the ground. And Hoseok just remained still, watching as everyone rushed to help the prince.

~Present~

It was pretty bad and dramatic. But what's done is done.

"Y/N," The man sitting on the throne turned his attention to you, staring at you with softened eyes. "Your wedding will be delayed. You have time to adjust and prepare for the event in three weeks and three days. Just until Jimin recovers well and everything is set out perfectly." The king seemed to be quite disappointed, but you know what?

You definitely weren't.

In fact, you were thrilled.

"Of course, your majesty. More time to prepare myself for this wonderful opportunity, right? Oh, you're so kind!" You bowed down with respect and smiled with a fake grin. Your eyes remained locked on him, watching his expression suddenly change. His brows jumped with surprise, eyes lit up by sparks of joy and happiness.

"Yes, well... That's the least I can do, I guess..." For the very first time ever, you've actually heard the king giggle. It was a nice giggle- one that made you giggle too.

"Hey, wait-" A familiar guard with green cape spoke up, and no one has even noticed him come in the throne room yet. But he stood there, with his back almost touching the door. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but Y/N was having a tour around the castle with the prince. It would be a shame not to continue it, wouldn't it?" Taehyung crossed his arms and stared at the king, as if... As if asking for approval if he could continue the tour.

"Ah, yes... The tour... I forgot. Well... I guess you might go with Y/N and show her what's left to be shown. You wouldn't mind it, would you Taehyung-"