Chapter 7

“What did she do to deserve that?!” her husband yelled at me.

The nurse’s husband was a short man, only 4’7. He was also chubby. He has dark grey stubble on the top of his head and some on his chin and jawline. He had bright green eyes, which would lose in a competition between mine. He had creases in his forehead from the worried, yet angry look he wears.

“I told you sir, it was self-defense.” I spoke for the hundredth time.

The husband has been pacing around the room for an hour now. The cops were outside “investigating” the crime scene, when all they were really doing was poking her body with a stick to see if she’s alive. She’s not. I killed her.

“Excuse me…. Uh..” the cop asked.

“Trish Slimmer.” I responded with my fake name.

“Uh, yes Ms. Slimmer. Can you go through what happened one more time?”

I sighed but agreed anyway.

“So I was outside smoking on the deck when she came out and told me I couldn’t smoke. I was almost finished with my one so I said ‘I’m finishing this one’ and she lunged at me. I fought bac-“

“See? SEE?! She fought back!” the husband interrupted.

“I fought back with self-defense.” I continued, “Sit down fatty before you get a stroke from standing.” I spat. He gave me a glare which I returned as he made way to one of the chairs.

“As I was saying. As she lunged my first instinct was to throw her over my shoulder, which I did. But I threw her over the edge instead…”

“Ms. Slimmer, do you have a witness to this ‘accident?’. Or was someone there when it happened?”

“Yeah, me.” My favorite Irish accent spoke behind me.

The cop peered over my shoulder to get a good look at Niall, who was standing so close I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

“Alright… you two stay here while I go get a report on the body.” The cop excused himself and walked out back to look at the crime scene.

“How long before he comes back.” I turned my head towards Niall.

He shrugged his shoulders before guessing. “Ten minutes top.”

I grabbed his hand as we both put the hoods to our hoodies up. We made our way to the front and walked straight past the cops with no trouble. I walked towards the back of the parking lot making sure no one was around before I picked the lock to a silver Ford Atlas. It was a nice truck. Black leather seats and the outside had no scratches at all or chipping of the paint. On the rear end of the truck, it had what looked like black flames.

I kneeled down towards the gas pedal and break to hot wire the care. Once I did, me and Niall jumped in and drove off. We headed towards Mullingar Ireland. Niall and I’s Hometown. I plan at staying at Harry’s crack house on Green Road. It was a five hour drive. And I was planning on driving the whole way with no sleep.