Chapter 12

A/N Sorry if it’s short! I’m really busy both trying to update this and coming up with chapters for my upcoming story: “The Necklace”

Song for this chapter: “Bleeding out”- Imagine Dragons

“Everybody out of the fucking car!”

Harry popped the latch of the back trunk and ripped it open. He flung my Mum over his shoulders and made a direct run into the forest. Zayn was already long gone and Luke was gathering some weapons from the front.

“Luke! You need to get the hell out of here now!” I commanded.

“Just give me a minute!”

A gunshot when off and into Luke’s thigh. He dropped whatever he was holding and fell to the ground. He gripped the area tight and rock back and forth slowly.

“Luke!” I ran after him, leaving Nialls grasp. I knelt down next to him and carefully removed his hand from the wound.

“Kasey go, I can’t walk and you can’t carry me.” I saw a few tears pool at his eyes.

“It would be a cold day in hell if I left you here.” I replied.

I grabbed my shirt and ripped off the bottom half. I tied it as tight as I could around the wound. I then slung his arm around my shoulder and picked him up. I winced at the burning sensation in the legs, but ignored it.

We both limped into the forest, ducking as a rain of bullets went past us. We heard yells of the men and screeching of tires, signaling us to go. We walked for half an hour before we sat down for a rest by a river. I placed my burning legs into the water, ignoring the pain.

“Thank you.” Luke broke the silence. I turned my head slightly to look at him. He was also rinsing his wounds in the cold, refreshing water. I gave him a tight smile and went back to nursing my legs.

A few hours later the sun set and we were both sitting with our backs against a tree.

 “Have you ever thought about going into the singing industry?” I asked Luke.

He stared at me and thought for a moment before answering. “Well no. I don’t have time to think about my dreams when I’m being chased.”

“Well, you’re really good.” I complemented. A slight blush rose on his cheeks. I sat up a bit and positioned myself so I was facing him. “Can you sing me to sleep?”

He blush went deeper as he shook his head.

“Please?”

He looked me in the eyes and finally gave in. He sang the song which was quite ironic in our situation.

“I’m bleeding out,

So if it’s the last thing that I do.