Chapter two

The drive to the train station is short but nevertheless George and I chat the whole way. I guess the good thing about not getting to chat much was then when we saw each other we could literally talk for hours. It had been like that ever since high school. I guess you could say that neither me or George really fitted in at high school. We were never part of the popular group and we both ended up pretty isolated from everyone else. Maybe that's why we get on so well. We also have similar interests. He is genuinely such a down to earth guy.

I stop the engine and pull the key out of the ignition. I glance at the clock 9:35 am. We make it in pretty good time. So, we hop out of the car and head over to the ticket office. The station seems pretty empty to be honest and at the platform only two other people sit opposite us.

"How's the job hunt going?"

"Oh hey actually I need to talk to you about that" I can't stop a grin from spreading across my face.

"Ohhh really"

"Yeah but I'll tell you over some food. I'm starving and need to be able to talk to you about it properly".

"Lilly" George moans.

"Don't complain or I'll keep you waiting even longer" I say smirking.

"You can't do that oh my god, you annoy me so much sometimes".

"Yeah but you still love me shells" I playfully nudge his arm.

"Oh yeah what makes you think that?"

"How many other guys do you know that would give up his day when he should be rehearsing with his band and on like 4 hours sleep to spend the day with their flat mate".

"Wrong" he protests. "You're not my flat mate, you're my best mate".

"Jeez man. Don't go soppy on me".

"Shut up" he complains.

With that our train screeches into the station. We get on and pick a secluded spot in the back carriage. After getting our tickets checked we resume our previous conversation.

"So how are the band rehearsals going. You know despite the ridiculously late nights?" I joke.

"Yeh, I mean they are going pretty well. It's going to sound pretty stupid but this open mic night next Friday is actually a fairly big deal for us. There is a chance that we might finally get signed. It could be our breakthrough. I know we are not the only band there. That's why Jaymi is working us so hard. We have to be note perfect. We still have a few places where we just need to tweak the harmonies but, other than that it is going well" he admits.

"No it doesn't sound stupid. You guys really do deserve this, remind me again what songs you are performing?"

"Ahh no Miss White. You're not going to trick me into telling you that. Strict rules from Jaymi. You'll have to wait and see".

"Worth a shot".

The rest of the journey is quiet, peaceful. Me and George are at that stage in our friendship whereby silence isn't awkward. Before I knew it the train pulls into the station and we are fighting our way through the bustling streets of London.

We find a small cafe and decide that we will eat there.

--------

Sorry about the shorter chapter. I promise the storyline will begin to pick up soon.

Lots of love x