Chapter five

I am awoken by the sound of my phone alarm beeping and vibrating under my pillow. Normally I would roll over and sleepily hit the snooze button but this morning was different as soon as I open my eyes I am wide awake. It is Wednesday; the day of my practical assessment for my apprenticeship. I am both nervous and also generally excited. It means that for the whole day I get to be doing something that I love. It could lead to an amazing opportunity for me. Bright light shine through the gap in my curtains and I stretch and decide that I will check twitter and facebook before I get up. I have already got my clothes out ready and had my shower last night leaving me plenty of time this morning. I hate rushing. After briefly scrolling through the social media sites I click the lock button place my phone back in its previous postion and head through to the kitchen to grab something to eat before getting ready. Even though there actually is food in the cupboards today I decide on an apple and a mug of coffee. So, I grab an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter and fill the kettle and putting it on to boil. Just as I am grabbing a mug from the cupboard a sleepy Ella appears by the breakfast bar.

"Hey" she smiles, still half asleep.

"Morning, coffee?" I ask.

She sits down on one of the stools whilst pulling out her phone, glancing up briefly she says "If you're making one then yes please".

I pull a second mug down from the cupboard along with a teaspoon from the draw and the coffee, sugar and milk.

"You're looking rough this morning" I joke. "Why are you up so early? I thought you had a day off".

She seems annoyed, "so did I, until my boss phoned last night and offered me overtime because Amy can't make it in today. I couldn't really turn it down as I need the money".

"Ahh that sucks, just think of the shoes you will be able to buy with your overtime money" I state trying to cheer her up.

She smiles in response. "You have your practical today right?"

"Yes and I'm not really sure how I'm feeling about it to be honest".

"Ahh what's up? I'm sure that you will do great, you're an amazing photographer".

The kettle signals that it has finished boiling so I pick it up pouring the steaming water into the cups and placing one down in front of Millie with a spoon. "Yeah, I am really excited, but its also really important to me and the placing is tight. I guess I will just have to see how it goes".

"Well I am sure that you have no need to worry, just give it your best shot" she smiles.

We make casual chat until we finish our coffee and then I decide to go and get ready.

Back in my room I head over to my dresser where I decide to apply pretty basic make-up; foundation, concealer, powder, mascara and a little liquid eyeliner to the top lash line, I finish the look by filling in my eyebrows slightly.

Next I move onto my hair which I decided to go basic and keep it straight. Finally, after flicking off my GHD's, I wander over to my wadrobe where I grab some black skinny/straight leg formal trousers and a plain white cami top. I accessorise the look with a statement necklace and my black Alexander Wang Rocco bag. It is now 8:25am and the assessment begins at 9am so I decide that I had better get going. Due to the fact that I'm not sure exactly what I am going to be doing today I stick with a safe option for shoes and go with some simple back ballet pumps. Then I grab a cable knit cardigan and pull it on as British weather is so unpredictabe

Lastly I pick up my keys and take my phone off charge shoving it in my bag and heading through to the living room before saying bye to Josh who was playing fifa on the sofa and heading out of the door.

--------

Sorry that it is such a short chapter, it is really just a filler. I promise that the story line really begins to pick up in the next chapter.

Any comments/feedback would be much appreciated so, drop a comment on here or tweet/dm me at @basslinebrad

Lots of love x