Chapter three

When we arrive at the small cafe it seems like the perfect place where we would be able to sit and have a proper catch. When we walk in we are greeted by a polite waitress.

"Hello can I help you at all?"

"Yeah urm we were just wondering whether it would be possible to grab a bite to eat" says George.

"Yes no problem. Is it just the two of you?"

"Yeh it is yeh".

"Great well if you would like to follow me I'll show you to a table". She states picking up two menus from the desk and making her way through the restaurant.

We follow her through the small restaurant and she shows us to a quiet table in the corner. It is nothing special just a small place with great home cooked food which is great as I am starving.

"Ok guys so here are your menus, the soup today is potato and leek. Can I get you any drinks at all?" She says whilst placing the menus in front of us and pulling out her order book from her black money satchel.

"Can I just have a diet coke with ice please" I answer whilst studying the menu.

"Yeh I'll have the same please" agrees George.

"Sure, I'll just go and grab those for you". With that she disappears back through the little restaurant to the bar.

"Nice little place huh" George states without even glancing up from the menu.

"Mmm, only one problem though...".

"What's that?" He questions, looking confused.

Everything on the menu looks so damn good and I can't choose" I laugh.

"Ahh how true, I'm so tempted by the pulled pork in a bun with homemade chips and it says it comes with homemade barbecue sauce and coleslaw. You know how much that would be appealing to me" he giggles.

"I was looking at that, it does sound pretty good"

Before we can continue our conversation we are interrupted by the waitress bringing our drinks over. I say interrupted she is only doing her job.

"Here we go guys" she says whist placing our drinks down on the rustic wooden table. "If you just call somebody over when you are ready to order then we will get to you as soon as possible" she smiles sweetly and begins to turn on her heel.

Before she walks away George calls her back. "Actually I think we are ready to order now if that's ok".

"By all means" she laughs. "Let me just go and pop this tray down and I'll come back and take your order".

She is back in a flash.

"What can I get for you?"

George gestures for me to go first. I nod and proceed to tell her my order. "Could I get the harbecue pulled pork bun please".

"Certainly. Great choice" she says whist writing it down. "And for you" she says gesturing towards George.

"Yeah me too please"

"Sure I'll just go and ring the order through now". She smiles again and collects the menus from our table.

Almost instantly after she has gone George leans forward. Here we go. The questioning is about to begin. Same old George.

"Right then, you gonna tell me about this job offer or what do I have to do to get it out of you?"

"Slow down. It's not a job offer. Yet. And anyway, I said over food. I think you'll find the food has not actually arrived yet. Patience young Shelley" I wink.