A Week in Canada

‘Emma, get up!’ Carter told me.

    I groaned. Did he have to wake me up this early, it’s bad enough I’ll have to deal with him the rest of my life. I groaned at the thought of seeing him everyday.

    ‘I’ll be the highlight of your day’ He said smirking. Then, the lights turned on and I groaned again.

    “Come on, Carter!” Emily groaned but I don’t think she was awake. Was she dreaming about Carter. “No Emma!”

    “It was just a thought, not a sentence.” I said putting a pillow over my head to block out the light. It failed. “Carter!”

    “Yes?” he said flickering the lights. Every other second it was light in the room.

    “That is very annoying. Plus, why are you bugging us anyway?” I asked.

    “I came in here to get you up, but Emily woke up too. I wanted you to see something but if you don’t get up, then I guess I wont” he said flickering the lights about 30 more times.

    “The only thing I want to see is the insides of my eyelids.” I said. “In case you didn’t get the clue, I want to sleep”

    “Now, who’s being difficult?” he smirked. I was going to kill him, which I could easily do but they didn’t know that. Crap, I really need to control my thoughts.

    “Still you” Emily and I said at the same time.

    I finally gave up on going back to sleep and sat up in my bed, glaring at him. “I’m awake are you…” I trailed off when I saw he didn’t have a shirt on. Holy crap, he was hot! He was very muscular, and had a six pack which definitely didn’t surprise me considering how he worked out yesterday. He was tan, and beautiful.

    “Done staring now?” he asked me.

    I was going to answer him but I wasn’t sure if I could tear my eyes away from his chest. “I wasn’t staring”

    Out of the corner of my eye I saw Emily laugh and him raise his eyebrows. “You still are”

    I looked up at his face. “Am not”

    “Whatever, you know you were” he chuckled. “So what were you going to say before you started staring at me?”

    “I was going to say, I’m awake are you happy now?”

    He growled then smiled. “Yes, because you are finally showing some kind of attraction to me.”

    “Am not!” I said still sneaking looks at his chest once in a while.

    “Will you two shut up, some of us are trying to sleep?” Emily said rolling over onto her side.

    “I wanted to sleep too, but this doofus wouldn’t let me” I reminded her.

    Carter growled. “ I’m not a doofus, I’m an Alpha”

    “We don’t care” we said together.

    He growled again and walked over to my bed and sat at the bottom. “You sure will, soon”

    “I’m not scared of you” I said.

    “You shouldn’t be but she should be.” he told me.

    “Why should I be scared of you, and she shouldn’t be? That makes no sense.” Emily said into her pillow.

    “Sure it does, she’s my mate. Do you think I want her to be scared of her own mate?” he said.

    “Thanks for reminding me” I groaned. I couldn’t get used to the fact that he was my mate but, I know I could get used to that chest.