The Dance

‘So, wake up sleepy head’ Emily said waking me up. I was of course on his chest, or my head at least and my legs were hanging off the side of the bed.

    ‘I’d rather not’

    Carter lifted my head slightly and put it down on the pillow. “I have to go talk to Logan about something. I’ll be back soon, by the way your staying home today”

    I smiled and nodded at him before he left the room. I knew I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep so I didn’t even try. I took a shower and put on a grey tank top and blue polka dot shorts that were more like booty shorts. I walked down stairs to eat breakfast, a normal breakfast because that’s what I was craving. I hadn’t had a craving for anything since that animal blood before I met Carter. I hadn’t eaten anything since then and I hadn’t been hungry, that sure was nice.

    When Carter came back I was doing the homework we were assigned yesterday that Emily brought home for me. I was in his study on his couch and until I heard the door to the study open I hadn’t noticed he was home.

    “Hey, babe what are you doing?” he asked sitting next to me, but on the floor. Babe? Since when did he call me that? Who cares, it was so sweet.

    “Homework that was assigned yesterday” I answered.

    “And what are you wearing?” he asked gesturing to my shorts. I know he didn’t mind but he was worried about the un-mated boys in this house.

    “Clothes. I could go nude but you wouldn’t like other people seeing me like that now would you?”

    “I don’t want people looking at you at all, but I have to deal with it. But, this is just asking for people to eye-rape you”

    “Like you were doing last night?” I asked.

    “Yes”

    I laughed. “It’s comfortable so stop complaining and shush so I can do some homework.”

    He kissed my forehead, got up and went to his desk. Wow, he actually listened to me, that was a first.

    When I had finally finished yesterday’s homework, Emily walked in and dropped today’s homework on my stomach. I groaned and was about to say something but she was gone. I started it immediately so I could be finished quickly, but he had to come over and distract me. He sat on the edge of the couch and smiled at me.

    “Yes?” I asked.

    “You know you don’t have to do that now, you have the rest of the day” he reminded me.

    “It’s already four, how much longer do I have. You’ll probably keep me up half the night, then tomorrow Emily and Andrea will wake me up at like five so I’ll be perfect for the dance. And Sunday I’ll be sleeping all day from staying up all night. When am I going to have time?”

    “I’ll have someone do it for you” he suggested after considering my answer.

    “That’s cheating and I don’t cheat”

    He pecked my lips and smiled at me. “Please”

    “No”

    He kissed my jawbone and neck, avoiding his mark then smiled at me. “Please”

    “No matter what you do, I’m not letting someone else do my work.” I protested. He continued teasing me but I kept to my word and didn’t let him have someone do my work for me. He had kissed my jawbone about ten times but nothing except a distraction.