Confession

About an hour after I had fallen asleep, I woke up again. After that I couldn't go back to sleep, no matter what I did, which way I laid. When it was about 10PM I picked up my phone and called Josh because whenever one of us couldn't sleep we called the other. He picked up on the third ring.

    "Can't sleep?" he questioned sleepily.

    "Nope"

    "Be over in a minute" he said and hung up. About ten minutes later he was walking into my room yawning and rubbing his eyes. He climbed under the blankets and put an arm around me and pulled me so I was pressed against his chest. His lips pressed against my ear. "Good night"

    I smiled and tried to go back to sleep. Within a minute I heard him sleeping but no matter what I did, I couldn't fall asleep.

    After another hour I got up and sat on my couch, grabbed the glass of water on the coffee table and drank some. I climbed back into bed, being careful not to wake Josh but as soon as my head touched the pillow I was wide awake. I rolled onto my back and checked the clock, it was ten minutes before midnight.

    Suddenly, I felt a fire burning through my veins. My eyes started burning and I heard a loud bang through my ears.  My arms, legs and head went numb and I blacked out moments later.

    The next thing I knew it was morning and I was on the floor. I got up and sat on the bed and glared at Josh and was surprised. He looked so much different. I could see every strand of his bed head hair, I heard his heartbeat and saw dust particles floating around. My eyes started to burn again, so I rubbed them with my fingers but that only made it worst. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I remember screaming at something but wasn't sure what, considering I fainted.

    When I got back up I realized why I screamed and fainted. My hazel eyes were no longer hazel and my slightly tanned skin was no longer slightly tan. My eyes a light silver and around the eyeball where white used to be was a dark navy blue. I pinched my arm to make sure I wasn't dreaming but I wasn't. My skin was pale and by pale I mean like vampire pale. I shook my head and went back into my bedroom to find Josh still sleeping. I shook him a few times to get him awake but once he woke up he didn't go back to sleep. He sat up and looked at me.

    "Good morning, I hope you..." he trailed off when he actually saw me. "What the Hell?"

    "I don't know, I woke up like this. " I told him. I found a pair of dark sunglasses and put them on before he could say something else.

    "You're beautiful!" he exclaimed. "Well, you already were but that is just like the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen"

    I slapped him in the back of the head causing him to groan. "Shut up, this is terrible"

    "Yeah, because every boy at school is going to want you. Ha-ha they can't have you. I'm one lucky man" he said smiling.

    I shook my head and got off the bed to brush my hair but when I looked in the mirror my hair was already perfect, not one strand out of place. Huh, that was weird. I shrugged and went downstairs to eat but once I saw the food I had no desire to eat it. Huh, that was ever more weird.

    Going back upstairs, I put on a long sleeve hot pink shirt and skinny jeans with knee length boots. I grabbed my bag and hopped in Josh's car and we were off to school. I had no idea how I was going to get away with wearing sunglasses all day but somehow I needed to find a way. I could not let people see me like this. Josh seemed to agree because he kept glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

    He parked in his parking spot and picked me up out of the car and put me down on the ground steadily. Smiling at me, he closed the door and put an arm around my shoulder. We walked to my locker so I could put my books in it then to my first class. I was lucky, no one had seen me yet because we had gotten here extra early. I was the first in the class and I used that extra time to search things up on the web. They had nothing for what to do if you wake up one morning and you look like a goddess. Me being a vampire had crossed my mind a few times but I was out in the sunlight a few minutes ago and I was fine so that idea was junk.