Chapter 14: The Kiss

Ethan's POV
After Meredith dropped me off at home after we, 'hung out,' I was about to unlock the door, when I realized that it was already unlocked. As I step inside, I grin at the overwhelming sent of pizza, that filled my nostrils. I took one step into the living room, and instantly regretted that decision.

I saw Grayson and y/n kissing, smack in the middle of the living room. I dropped my keys in shock, and they instantly pulled away from each other. I didn't realize my jaw was hanging open until I closed my mouth.

I couldn't take what I was seeing, it just wasn't processing correctly inside of my brain. It couldn't be true; Grayson and y/n? Kissing? My heart sank and shredded into pieces when it finally hit me.

THIS is why y/n didn't want to kiss me. This is why she she said there wasn't an 'us'. It was because of him. It was Grayson, all along.

Not me.

I tried to find the words to form a sentence, but I was speechless. To prevent myself from punching Grayson in the fucking face, I quickly turned around and ran upstairs to my room. Where I lay alone, and broken.

Grayson's POV
"Oh shit." I muttered as Ethan ran upstairs.

"What's wrong? Is it US?" Y/n asked.

"Of course it's us, y/n." I scoffed.

By the look on her face, I could tell that I hurt her feelings. I WAS being a little rude, but I didn't mean it. I just feel like a crappy brother for kissing the girl, Ethan had a crush on. Or possibly more.

"I'm sorry y/n, I just really need to talk to E." I apologized.

"It's okay, go talk to him." She said slowly.

I hesitated to kiss her before I ran upstairs. But after what Ethan just witnessed, I decided not to repeat my mistake. I just walked past her, and quickly jogged upstairs to Ethan's room.

I quickly opened the door and saw him laying in his bed on his phone. When he looked up to me, he rolled his eyes and turned the other way.

"What do you want, Gray?" He angrily asked.

"Look E, I'm really sorry. It just happened, I never really planned-"

"It's okay." He said cutting me off.

"It is? But I thought you liked her?" I asked shocked.

"I already told you: I. Don't. Like. Her!" He defended.

"Aww come on E!! I know damn well, you're lying!" I shouted.

"Bro, I'm with Mere now!!" He yelled.

I was shocked. He said that he'd NEVER get back with that bitch. Like, EVER. Besides, I thought he liked y/n; I honestly did.

"Then why'd you run upstairs?" I asked.

"To give you guys some privacy!" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at his stupid joke; he laughed along with me. I retreated back to the door, slightly opening it so I can exit. I stopped and turned around to Ethan.