Chapter 15: Feelings

Ethan's POV
Grayson and y/n haven't been back for a while; I hope he didn't ask her out. I mean, why wouldn't he? She's so smart, beautiful, kind, full of life. She's absolutely everything me and Grayson want in a girl. Obviously we have different tastes in certain ways, but y/n pretty much checks everything off our list.

I didn't mean what I said earlier, that me and Meredith were together again. I just said that to get Grayson get off my back. I knew that if I told him that I liked y/n, he would make it super awkward and somehow turn it into some type of competition. I really didn't want that.

Besides, Grayson deserves someone as special as y/n. And if they DO decide to part ways, I couldn't get with y/n even if I tried. There has always been this unspoken rule between us: Never Date The Other One's Ex.

It's always been that way, and now I have to just except it. For everyone's sake.

Maybe I SHOULD go back with Meredith. I mean, we DID have a "moment" together. It obviously means something, to both of us. Right?

Suddenly, I hear a quiet knock on my door, followed by the 'oh so charming' sound of the doorbell. I drowsily get out of bed and slump into some shoes; then make my way downstairs to answer the door.

Once I open it, I'm surprised to see Meredith standing in the small hallway we had on the front porch. She had her hair in two french braids, and was wearing black leggings with a white Supreme crop top.

"Hey E!" She said with a high pitched voice.

"Hey Mere, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Umm. You kinda, texted me to come over." She said confused out of her mind.

"I don't remember doing that." I replied.

"Look." She said frustrated.

She showed me her phone screen with our messages on it. My eyes land on the message that says, "hey Mere, wanna come over?"

Funny, I don't remember sending that to her; and now I have no choice but to let her in. It'd be a dick move if I were just execute our "plans" when she just got here. Besides, I could use a little company.

"Well, do you still wanna hang?" I asked.

"Sure." She said smirking.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked, walking her into the living room.

"How about a movie?" She replied while walking closer to me.

Her body was inches from mine and I can smell the horribly strong sent of her perfume, classic Meredith; always putting too much on. Y/n never wore too much perfume, only enough to compliment her natural scent, that still smelled really good.

And don't get me started on her makeup. She was wearing blood red lipstick, with a ridiculous amount of mascara on. Her eyebrows were a little too dark for her skin tone, and her eyeliner was pretty thick as well. Her fake eyelashes basically covered up her smokey eyeshadow; and she just looked like a clown with all of that bronzer.

Y/n never wears too much makeup. She usually only fills in her eyebrows and maybe a few strokes of mascara to make her outstanding eyes pop. But she looks perfect without it.