Chapter 11: Different

Grayson's POV
It's been a few days since Ethan and I met up with y/n. I know she said not to treat her any different, but it's so hard. The reason we haven't hung out yet, isn't because of that. It's because I can't stand the thought of that douche, touching her.

Now whenever I look into her beautiful eyes, I don't see the same y/n as I saw before. I see brokenness and hurt, which I don't like to see in her. She was so innocent.

She didn't deserve to be treated so horribly. If it weren't out of respect for her, his ass would be dead already. But there was one question that still boggles my mind.

If this douche is still alive, then who is the other guy?

I've been laying in my bed for almost 2 hours, just thinking about all this. My mind needs to catch up with all that's practically being thrown at me. I made a promise to y/n, and I don't intend to brake it.

"Grayson?" A familiar voice says.

I sit up right on my bed and listen for another word. As I lean in forward, the door slowly opens. Once I see who it is, I throw my blankets on top of me and take cover.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" I asked, sunk into my bed.

"Well, Ethan invited me over." She said quietly.

"Oh, umm were you gonna go somewhere?" I continued.

"Yeah, we were just leaving to get some smoothies." She replied.

"Cool." I said.

"I just came up here to see if you wanted one. Ethan said I could just walk in." She explained.

"Sure." I said awkwardly.

"Okay, did you want any particular flavor or?" She asked.

"Mango is fine." I responded.

"Okay. I guess I'll go." She sighed.

"Bye." I said as she walks away.

It's so hard to talk to her after what she shared with me. I honestly can't treat her differently anymore; but what the hell am I saying?

She was always different to me.

Your POV
I came to Ethan and Grayson's house to hang out with them, but Ethan was nowhere to be found, and Grayson clearly didn't seem to want to hang out.

I feel stupid. Not only did I lie to Grayson, but now I REALLY need to go to get smoothies, and without Ethan. I shouldn't hav stood them about what happened to me. I should've known they would treat me different, despite the fact that they made a promise.

I sigh and slump down the stairs, feeling like shit. Once I open the door, I see a sweaty, shirtless, Ethan.

"Oh, hi." I say awkwardly.

He jerked his head back, and gave me a confused look. He rubbed the side of his head then stormed pass me. Not even a 'hi' back.
I turned around to him and walked closer to where he was standing.