Chapter 19: Secrets

Your POV
"Shit!" Grayson said after trying to contact Ethan over 6 times.

Ethan doesn't know what he's getting himself into; he doesn't know what Jake is capable of. He's smart, he evaluates the situation beforehand, so everything basically goes according to plan. He probably knows that Ethan's after him.

And knowing Jake, he'll most likely tell Ethan all about Alex. It wasn't supposed to happen this way; I was supposed tell them, not Jake. I'm just not ready to tell them, I know it'll destroy everything we have. Especially what me and Grayson have.

"We need to get to him, before he gets to Jake." I said in a panicked tone.

"Yeah, Ethan can cause a lot of damage when he's angry." Grayson responded.

"No, Jake is smart; he plans everything ahead of time. He probably already knows that Ethan's on his way over there. Ethan's dead if we don't get there on time." I said while rushing downstairs.

I grabbed Grayson's keys and tossed them into his palms. We quickly jolted out of the house and climbed into his Bronco; speeding off to where Ethan was.

"Can you track his phone down?" I asked Grayson as we zoom through the streets.

"Yeah, type his number in here." He responded while passing me his phone.

"It's not coming up. It keeps saying 'Error.'" I said after trying to pin him down.

"Shit, his phones probably off." He said frustrated.

"Can you track his GPS system?" I asked.

"Actually, I think I know someone who can hack into the system to see what locations he's been searching up." He replied almost instantly.

Ethan, wherever you are, you better be safe.

Ethan's POV
I finally reached what looked like a deserted cemetery; it was super creepy. I jumped out of my car and saw someone standing by a rail that stood on the edge of a cliff. As I got closer to the lonely body, I recognized the dirty blonde hair and the tacky construction boots it wore. Jake.

His forearms were resting on the rusty rails, (wow, try saying that 3 times fast) as his shoulders were hunched over this hands. He looked like he was waiting for me; as if he expected me.

As I walked closer to him, he slowly turned around while looking me up and down. His lips quickly grew an evil grin as I continued to walk to him. Once we were about 6 feet away from each other, he decided to open his big fat mouth again.

"Hmm, you showed up earlier than I thought." He said looking at a silver watch latched onto his wrist.

"What do you mean?" I asked full of confusion.

"Well, originally I thought you'd show up around-"

"You know what I mean." I growled at his sarcasm.

"I knew you would be here. You see, when I studied your character, I noticed that you have strong feelings towards y/n; yes, even stronger than your brother." He explained.

"I don't have fe-"

"So strong, in fact, that you'd go through extreme measures just to protect her. Such as coming here to confront me." He continued.