Gone.

Rose

I look up at Harry in disbelief. He just… In his eyes I saw a flicker of light within the dark, his lips were pulled up in a cute smile that I rarely saw. He brought one of his hands up to my cheek gently wiping away the tears. He pulled me back into his chest and kissed my forehead, gently wrapping the blanket around me. I actually really liked being in his arms. I felt happy and wanted. Blissful almost.

“Why don’t you go to sleep Rosie. Before you know it this will all be over and you’ll be safe back in your bed.” He smiled tapping my nose. I giggled at him until I realized what he said my smile disappearing. Safe back in my bed… I sniffle and sit up pulling away from Harry.

“I’m ok now. You can go sit with Li.” I say turning away from him. He starts to say something but sighs and moves over the seats to be with Liam. There’s no way in hell I’m going back to that house. But what can I do? I’m surrounded by five…

Idiots!

God damn they are stupid! The doors are all unlocked, I could slip out of the door and they may not even notice. If I do it right. First I’m going to need a plan. I need to go to the airport that’s where I’m going to meet Nathan and Dede. Where am I? I look out the window and scan my surroundings looking for anything familiar. Beauford Street! There’s a restaurant on that street that Nathan said we’d eat at after the show. I turn around to see all three of the boys in the back dead asleep. Harry’s talking quietly into a phone, something about prison? I hold the blanket tightly around me and pick my bag up. I grasp the door handle as Liam pulls up to a stop light. Now’s my chance. I silently open the door, quickly stepping out into the cold. My bare feet splashing against the cold wet ground as I land in a small puddle. The light turns just as I close the door softly. I stand in the empty street as they drive away a smile spreading across my face. I jump up dropping the blanket and spin in a circle.

“I’M FUCKING CRAZY!” I yell flinging my hands in the air. “But I’m free!” I start walking all the way back to Beauford Street. I feel kinda bad, when I told Harry to go away I think I hurt his feelings. He’s changed, and I feel like he changed for me. I mean, I did kinda hate him for the last thirteen years but I don’t know anymore. He was so comforting and he didn’t seem mad at all. I would have thought he’d be planning my funeral when he got me back. The way he held me. I felt loved like something was radiating off of him. Something pure and sweet. It made me feel warm inside.

 But then I heard it. The distinct screeching of tires and a series of honks. I turn around and see a dark car speeding back down the road. “Shit!” I turn around and start running. I turn down Beauford Street and ram strait into someone. “Oh I’m so sorry are you ok?” I say looking over at who I ran into.

“New Soul?!” Dede screams helping me up. “Where did you go? We were so worried!” She says touching my cheek, her eyes boring into mine.

“Please, Dede we have to go now!” I beg her grabbing her forearms. She nods and pulls me down the street to a huge building. We get up to the revolving doors and as we are about to go in I hear Harry’s signature yell.

“God dammit Rose!” I turn around to see Harry running full speed at me, weaving through the cars littering the road. People honking at him when he runs in front of their cars. The three other boys running behind him trying to get to me as well. Dede yanks my arm pulling me back inside. We run past security and bag checking, considering the line was way too long. I turn back around to see Harry, the other boys and now Liam close behind.  Dede pulls me over to our gate where a lady in a united airlines uniform checks us in.

“Oh aren’t you ladies lucky!” she says holding our tickets. “The gate closes in five minutes. Is anyone else joining you? We can have the pilot wait for a little longer?” She questions still not doing anything with the tickets.

“No were fine. Could you please scan our tickets? Were very tired and would like to get some rest.” Dede says looking down at the tickets in her hands. The woman smiles and looks behind us just as a rough hand lands on my shoulder.

“Oh? But what about these fine lads? They seem to know you love!” She says. I turn around and look up into the almost black eyes of Harry, whose grip on my shoulder was becoming increasingly tight.

“Oh yes, we are quite aquainted," He pauses. "This is my lovely girlfriend.” He says handing her his ticket and intertwing our hands. I stare up at him in astonishment.

"Awe how sweet!" the woman gushes. "Here are your seats enjoy your time in America!" Harry takes my hand and leads me down the terminal. Dede and the boys behind us, probaly with their jaws hanging down to the ground along with mine.

"Come along darling. We wouldnt want to be left behind, now would we?"