Read Me

When I am in love, I don't usually say exactly those three words.

As a poet, I'd live with metaphors and read between the line phrases.

Instead of blunt and concrete words, I'd say “I will write you something.”

Then you answered, “I am reading everything of you.”

Saying that, usually it would mean that you are already occupying a free room in my 70,000 thoughts everyday.

I'd been writing for people I love the whole time,  but often those love poems were written for the wrong people.

They love to be written as a poem, and they love the idea of having love letters written by a shaky hand but not the one who wrote them.

Maybe my hand had been shaky enough, and I really hope it was my penmanship that made our paperboat sunk instead of sailing.

I am a terrible writer, my handwriting is a shorthand that even the doctors or pharmacists couldn't read.

But I think those who can read me when I am illegible are the ones worth my writings.

And I wish there is a prescription for shaky hands and medication for sweaty palms because the next time I will write again, I don't want my penmanship to be an excuse that I am a terrible lover, writing for people who can't even write me a word.

You said, you are reading me. And it tickles me like a child seeing my mom buying my favorite candy. Same way, I am also suffering a toothache for not brushing it off, and not removing a plaque of doubt that creates a dent in my self-worth.

I really hope, you are really reading me. Not my poems.