Chapter 2

Me and King was supposed to go to the park today but Trey wanna be a petty ass bitch and hide my keys. He hid them once I got home from school.

While I was looking for my keys I got a phone call. I looked and it's Sean.

It's been about a two weeks since we started talking. We talk every day. He's such a sweetheart, so far at least. He took me to work and took me home one day when Trey hid my keys. Maybe he can drop us off at the park. I got gas money.

Me:Hello?
Sean:You busy?
Me:No, why?
Sean:You wanna get somethin' to eat? As friends of course. You got King with you?

Yes I got my son with me the fuck.

Me:Yes I got my son with me Sean.
Sean:Good, you should bring him.
Me:You want me to bring him?
Sean:Yeah, is that a problem?
Me:No I just didn't think you'd want him to come.
Sean:Yeah I want little man to come.
Me:Okay. I would love to but I lost my keys again.
Sean:I can come get y'all.
Me:Okay.
Sean:I'll be there in about 15 minutes.
Me:Just call when you outside.
Sean:Okay.
Me:Bye
Sean:Yup.

...

I looked at Sean and King as the talked about God knows what. I wish Trey was like this with King.  "Eat eat.", King said hitting the table.

"They comin' little man.", Sean said. King started going off and hitting the table. "Hey, hey, hey they gone come little man." King started going off on Sean. Sean threw his hand up. "I'm on yo' side little man."

"King stop.", I said. King stopped talking and looked straight. I chuckled.

"King don't play about his food.", Sean said.

"He don't.", I said before drinking some juice.

"I got a question."

"What's up?"

"Did you lose your keys or did yo' nigga hide them.", Sean asked with an eyebrow raised. I looked down at my drink and stired it with the straw.

"Why would he hide them?", I asked looking at him.

"You tell me."

"No he didn't hide them, I really lost them." He just looked at me.

"A'ight. How was school?", he asked. My face lit up. I've been waiting on somebody to ask me about school.

Trey never asked me about school, never. My family don't even ask me about school. Ain't that some shit?

I started telling him. He was actually listening too. Asking questions and shit. "You really love school huh?", he asked.

"Yeah I do.", I said smiling.

"What are you goin' for? You never told me."

"I wanna be a therapist, I only got one year left after this."

"That's what's up. I know you gone be a good one.", he said. I smiled.

"Thank you.", I said. "Why aren't they here with our food yet?", I asked confused and looking around. People came after us and they're already eating.

"Right. Aye.", he said getting our waiters attention. He came over to us.

"Yes?", the waiter asked.

"Where our food at? People that got here after us eatin' already. He hungry, she hungry, I'm hungry. If I gotta go back there and get our food it's gone be a problem."

"No, no, no Boss you won't have to do that." Boss? "I'll go and see what's taking them so long after I finish taking their order."

"Now.", Sean said.

"Yes Boss, now.", the waiter said. "Can I go?"

"Bye." Sean looked at me. The waiter walked away. "My bad. Ian want you to see me like that."

"Trust me I've seen worse but why did he call you Boss?", I asked.

"Ion know.", he said shrugging his shoulders. He do know.

"Yes you do."

"Tell me about yo' keys and I'll tell you about my name."

"Yes he hid my keys.", I said.

"It's a nick name that got around.", he said. I shook my head up and down.

He must sell or something. I don't have a problem with that.

I looked at King and he was falling asleep. His head kept bobbing. It made me laugh. I was about to pick him up but the food came waking him up. He smiled making me smile. "Eat eat.", King said as he put the plates down.

"Yeah baby eat eat.", I said smiling. After he put all of the plates down I was about to cut King's food but Sean beat me to it. "I can do it, I know you hungry."

"Nah I got it.", Sean said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, gone head and eat." I shrugged my shoulders and started eating. I did a little dance in my seat cause I love food.

After he cut his food they started eating.

Me and Sean talked as we ate.

While we were eating King started falling asleep again. I was about to get him but Sean did. "I got him, you can eat.", I said reaching for him.

"Nah I got him you can eat.", Sean said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." We started eating and talking again. I really like Sean. Not like I wanna be with him but he's a good friend, so far.

...

We're at the park now. Sean's pushing King on the swing and I'm on the one next to them thinking. "You good?", Sean asked.

"Yeah. I'm just thinkin'.", I said.

"About what?"

"If I should leave his daddy or not. I had to beg him to watch King one day, like why do I have to do that? You're his father. He barely spends time with him or spend money on him. He don't act like his dad. Shit I know he's cheating on me. I can't be mad about that cause my dumb ass stay. He's never home. He make all this money doin' God know what but can't do shit but pay a few bills. He pay some bills and I do the rest. I pay the rest of the bills and put everything in the house. Like, I just want him to realize that he got a good ass woman by his side. I'm the ride or die type. Imma push you to better yourself. Imma help you get yo' bread up. I don't need nor want your money, I make my own. All I want is some of you time, honesty, loyalty, and love. I want somebody to hold me at night, I want somebody to protect me, I want somebody to support me, I want somebody to push me to better myself, I want somebody to let these bitches know who I am, what I am, and where I stand, I want somebody who gone have my back through it all. Most of all I want to have somebody my son can look up to, I want somebody to care for and love my son just like I do, I want somebody to put my son first even before me. Like, is that too much to ask? I know it's not hard to do at all but he just can't seem to do it. I love him too much to let him go."

"Leave his punk ass. For one you should never have to beg a nigga to spend time with his son, ever. You shouldn't have to ask him to buy him shit or anything. That's something you do without even thinkin' about it. He really don't deserve you. You bring all this shit to the table but what is he bringin'? Nothin'. He don't deserve a woman like you, he shouldn't have a woman like you. Get you a nigga that's gone do all that shit and more for you and King. Get you a nigga like me.", he said. I just looked at him. "I'm just sayin'. You really need to leave him though. You love him but you gotta love you and King more. You deserve better and I know you don't want king thinkin' that's how you treat a good woman." True.

"You're right.", I said shaking my head. "I'm done with him.", I said honestly.

...

"Treyshawn I'm done. It's over.", I said.

"Bitch get yo' shit and bounce.", he said.

"Gladly."