~Chapter 36~

~Aneira's P.O.V~

“Wake up sleepy head,” someone said. But as I tried to get up, they pushed me down gently. “It's okay, don't get up, just open your eyes. I thought that you wouldn't ever open those blue eyes again,” they said, I understood that the voice belonged to Danny. “Why would you think that I wasn't going to open them again?” I asked, curiously.

He was about to explain but I remembered events from last night and he saw the realization in my face. “I thought...I thought you were going to die,” he choked. “It's okay, I'm fine,” I told him, managing a small smile. He looked relieved and said, “Well that makes me happy,” he replied. “Where's Skylar and Logan? Did the nightmares get them? We have to help them!” I exclaimed. Danny could see that I was becoming hysterical. “It's ok, they just went to get R.C and Snowy a drink,” he replied, hurriedly.

He explained that they had been travelling all night and had decided to set camp here. After that, Logan went to the town to get supplies and R.C and Snowy some fish. He also got some new clothes for me and I was grateful. But there was something else. I felt like a burden and it felt horrifying.

I closed my eyes silently and started crying softly. “This is all my fault,” I said. Danny put an arm around me and said, “No, it's not. You did great. I know that no one could be brave enough to do what you did last night. You had your arm sown together, while still conscious. I wouldn't have been able to do that and I know that it must have killed and you didn't even thrash or kick or freeze us. That was awesome and not many people could do that.”

“That was only because Logan did it quick and Skylar was distracting me and you...you were holding my hand,” I said, blushing a little. He shook his head and said, “Think what you want but I still say that you're the bravest person I know.” He hugged me and I winced a little. “Oh, sorry, I forgot, your arm,” he stammered and I laughed. “Don't worry, it's okay. And I'm being completely honest. My arm isn't the only thing that's bothering me.” He looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

I took a deep breath and said, “When I decided to leave, I was at war with myself. I didn't want to leave my parents but I wanted to see the outside world. I left because my need for seeing what's outside was bigger that the need to stay with my parents and yesterday, I thought I was going to die. Now I’m thinking that if I had died, I wouldn't have ever got to say goodbye to them and I feel guilty about leaving. I know that they'll never forgive me and I’m scared of going back.”

It felt good to tell him everything that had crossed my mind. It felt like a great weight had lifted off my shoulders. He sighed and said, “Your parents will forgive you, don't worry. You just ran away, it's not like you killed someone or something. Don't worry, I know they'll forgive you. Trust me.” I was burning with curiosity about his parents but I tried not to show it.

Obviously, I didn't do a very good job because he said, “Okay, I know that you're dying to find out what happened to my parents and I feel like I can trust you enough to tell you. I just hope you don't hate me after this.” I felt bad immediately so I said, “Hey, it's alright, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, it's ok, really.” “I need to tell someone. I've kept the secret for too long and I need to let it out and let it go.” ((LET IT GO! LET IT GO! HE CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE! Sorry, frozen freak here XD)) I smiled and said, “Thanks for trusting me and I know that I wont hate you.”