~Chapter 56~

“Pitch! Come back here,” I yelled and tried to follow him but I was knocked back. “Where do you think you’re going?” Darkyle said. Her eyes looked angry and they burned with an intense fury.

I looked behind me and saw that my parents were weakened beyond the limit. “Guys, free them, they’re drained!” I yelled and Lhea tried to free them, slashing at the Nightmare Sand cages using her sword.

“Speaking of drained, I’m drained too,” I thought. I made an ice-sword, shield and armor and went straight towards Pitch. Pitch wagged his finger at me and he sent Darkyle forward. She was wearing Nightmare Sand armor, she had a Nightmare Sand sword and shield and she was advancing towards me.

Nightmares surrounded me and I saw all my worst fears. I told myself it wasn’t real and the horses turned to dust.

“Die,” Darkyle said, yelling a Battle cry and coming straight at me.

“Darkyle, remember me, I’m your friend!” I yelled

“Correction: you were my friend!” she screamed and slashed at me with her sword, making a deep cut in my arm. I refused to scream but I was dying internally. Suddenly, a box came flying at me and I realized that it was Darkyle’s memories. Tooth had hurled them at me.

The box was knocked out of my hand and I staggered backwards.

“I’ll kill you and make my father proud,” Darkyle smiled and I was reminded of the demon-babies I had read about in books.

She jabbed her sword and I dodged it, sending icicles at the Nightmare Horses. It was no use; the faster I killed them, the faster she made them. I closed my eyes as pain gripped the edges of my waist.