Chapter 8

Stela sat in the front, like a wolf would.

"Yep... you're from a Wolf Tribe." Saxkirin nodded when she walked out to the front.

Stela looked at her position before she quickly got up.

"Nita tells me you will teach me to be a normal... human?" Stela raised a brow.

"Yep." Saxkirin nodded, "Starting with my name. Call me Sax."

"Sax..." Stela let out slowly, "Okay."

"Good... now... we'll start with speaking; the American human modern teen language is pretty easy to figure out." The Fake Poacher noted.

"How so?" Stela frowned.

"Simple." Sax grabbed a syringe with dark red liquid and tapped it softly before looking over at her, "You're not afraid of Needles, are you?"

Stela tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Good answer."

Sax stuck the needle into Stela's neck not a moment later.

This, causing the she-wolf to scream in pain.

A few moments later, Sax took the needle out and Stela whimpered in pain, holding it.

"There." Sax nodded to herself as she put the needle away, "Now try to speak."

Stela stuttered for words for the first few seconds.

But, then she let out, "What the hell was that?!"

She put a hand to her mouth in surprise.

She'd never yelled at an elder before.

Live alone with such language.

Sax, however, simply nodded.

"Good... that serum started its work already."

"Serum?" Stela heaved out.

"According to Sax, it's supposed to make you act more like a human and help you control your animal side when the time comes." Ber's voice caused the young she-wolf to look up at him as he entered the room.

"You... make it sound like I want to stay human." Stela noted slowly.

"You do, don't you?" Nita asked kindly.

"No." Stela denied, "I'm just doing this till I'm allowed to return to my elders."

They frowned at her, "Why would you return?"

"They've been my family for... well... years." Stela replied, "And if I don't return to them... then I'll never be able to prove myself to my pack that I can lead them. And with these Tigers about... I must return to them."

"Siberian Tigers and Wolves are mortal enemies." Sax denied the thought, "If you return to them with this news, you will most certainly be thought of as a traitor unless you can prove to kill one."

"I could never kill another animal." She reasoned.

Sax sighed, "Then I'm afraid you will never be able to return to them."

"Are you saying my entire life has been for nothing?" Stela got to her feet, growling in rage.

"Yes." Sax wasn't affected by her tone, "Now... I assume, much like Nita is for Ber, you have a guide?"

At that, Stela's anger disappeared and turned to worry.

"You do have a guide, right?" Sax inquired.

"Tikaani, right?" Nita got beside the she-wolf.

"He ran when I stayed."

"Trakker." Stela corrected simply.

"If he is not with you, then he is most likely dead." Sax let out, "I am sorry."

"Trakker is my friend!" Stela bared her fangs, "He's not dead! He can't be!"