Chapter 14

The four hopped out the car as soon as they were close enough and looked around.

"Keep your guards up, and your animal senses at their peak," Clyde instructed softly as they walked down the pathway.

"Yeah... no need to tell me twice." Nita nodded.

Ber's eyes changed to green and covered most of his eyesight.

Stela took a deep breath, closing her eyes and let her senses in.

She heard everything.

Every... small tweet from a bird flying overhead, every chirp from the crickets in the ground.

The cry of pain inside.

Stela's eyes snapped open, turning red, "I hear something inside."

"Is it Tikaani?" Ber questioned.

"I'm not sure... but whatever it is? It's in pain." Stela replied shortly.

"Then let's go." Clyde let out, "Better to save whoever's in there, your friend or not than to leave them there to die."

"He's got a point." Nita nodded.

"Alright..." Ber grumbled as the four walked closer to the building.

As they stepped further... there was a prominent sound reached all of their ears.

"Well... if it isn't the three bitters." A voice hissed.

Clyde was the first to react.

He pulled out his gun and raised it to the White Siberian Tiger as he stepped into the light atop a platform.

"Who the hell are you?!" He demanded.

The White Siberian Tiger jumped down from the platform and strolled up to them, "Isn't it obvious?"

Ber snarled, "Frank... where's your little witch?"

The Tiger sliced at him, but Ber stepped back faster.

"Don't speak unless spoken to!" He snarled.

"He only asked a question. And we expect an answer." Stela growled.

Frank glared over at her before he snarled, "She's guarding a few... special persons."

"Where's Tikaani?" Nita questioned.

"Sorry... you'll never find that out." Frank growled.

Stela suddenly smelled two new scents behind them... both of the same standard smell of Frank.

"Duck!" She shouted, lowering herself.

The other three followed her example as the Siberian Tigers lunged over them.

"Come on!" Clyde hissed, motioning for them to follow him away from the distraction.

They nodded and quickly did as told.

As they ran, Stela kept a sharp eye out for her pack member or anyone else hurt.

Suddenly, it was as if someone turned the volume up on something.

She heard a howl of pain... not of a Wolf...

But of a Siberian Tiger itself.

"Guys!" She called over to the three as they were going down another path, "I'm going this way." She motioned to the path the howl had come from.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Clyde reasoned.

"We're too big a target together either way. At least if we split up, we'll have a better chance at survival." Stela reasoned.

"I'll go with." Ber stepped up, looking at the other two, "You guys go that way, we'll meet by the car."

They nodded softly. "Alright."

"Let's go." Stela took Ber's hand and led him down the path she'd heard.