Chapter 16

Stela's eyes changed to red as she growled softly before giving off a howl.

It still wasn't as mighty as one her pack would give, but it still gave the right message.

The two separated and looked over at her.

"I told you to leave, Wolf!" Clyde growled.

"You're not dying on my watch." She denied angrily.

"Goody... two animals for the price of one." The man smirked darkly, "Two fewer freaks on the food chain."

Stela snarled, "I wouldn't be so sure about that. There's still two of us and only one of you."

"Just because the odds are against me... doesn't mean I'm out." He wagged his finger before they both shifted to Siberian Tiger paws.

He lunged at Clyde, shoving Stela to the ground and out of the way as he grabbed Clyde's throat.

"Clyde..." Stela groaned, trying to get to her feet, only for the pain in her leg to make itself known once again.

She fell to the ground holding it.

"Well... looky there..." The mystery man cackled, then looked at Clyde, "You sure know how to save 'em."

Clyde smirked though, "I really do."

Stela chuckled softly through her pain.

The Mystery man frowned, "What are you talking about?"

Stela's head snapped up, her eyes red as she willed her body to shift.

Her clothes disappeared as her legs molded back into a Wolf's and her hands changed back into a wolf's.

Her face grew out into the muzzle of a wolf's as her ears moved up to the top of her head.

As this happened her hair grew out and into black fur.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"You're a dead Tiger." She snarled before she lunged at the Siberian Tiger.

He groaned as they connected and fell to the ground.

Seff's claws carved into his skin, "Where's Trakker?! Where are you keeping him?"

"That stupid wolf guide? He's dead." The Mystery man smirked, "Good as, at least... you came for nothing."

"Liar!" Seff growled, digging deeper.

"Gah... you think I'm lying? Why'd your friend come to save you then?!"

Seff's hold didn't change, but she looked over at Clyde.

"We didn't find him. But we didn't smell death either." He assured, "Tikaani's still alive."

"Why would anyone believe you, Cougar?" The Mystery Man scuffed, "Traitor to your whole race."

"Traitor?" Seff's full attention turned to Clyde.

And that's what the Mystery Man was wanting.

He threw Seff into a wall, causing her to yowl in pain.

"Wolf!" Clyde rushed over to check on her.

And with that, the Mystery Man ran away.

Seff groaned as her form changed back to her human, clothes and all.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Are you okay?" Clyde looked her over.

Stela looked up at him before she slowly sat up, "Yes... yeah... I'm fine... but he got away... didn't he?"

"Who cares?" Clyde shook his head, "What matters is you couldn't hold your form."

"We've got bigger elk to catch." Stela groaned as she got to her feet.

Clyde nodded as he did the same, "Of course... we need to find the others."

Stela nodded, "And quickly... before any of the other Tigers do."