Chapter 12

Shawn's Pov

I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about what those messages meant. I rolled over and looked at the time. I sighed as I got out of the bed. I went and checked on the kids. I then went downstairs and stood outside on the patio. I sighed as I looked out at the stars. After a few minutes, I walked back into the house and to my room. I got in the bed and pulled Mulan closer to me. I kissed the side of her neck and closed my eyes, still unable to go to sleep.

Maybe if I just lay here I will fall asleep

Mulan's Pov

I was awakened by the sound of my alarm going off. I don't even know why my alarm was set I don't work today. It is Saturday. I got up and walked to the bathroom. After I went to the bathroom. I went and checked on the kids. After I changed Thandi and Sanaya. I woke up Ouzara and Nagessa so that they could go to the bathroom. They are still in the learning stages, they don't really know how to do but they have been trying. I then proceeded downstairs to the kitchen. I made me a cup of coffee to get me started. While waiting for my coffee, I checked my phone. I noticed that I had a few messages. I also noticed that they have all been opened. I read the messages as I thought about what happened yesterday. A chill ran over my body as I put my phone down. I began to prepare for breakfast. I pulled out pans and the necessary ingredients for waffles, eggs, bacon, and sausage. I turned around to the sink and washed my hands. I began to start cooking when Shawn entered the kitchen. He looked so exhausted.

"Good Morning baby are you okay? " I asked

"Morning yeah I'm okay just tired I didn't get much sleep last night" he said

"Why whats wrong" I asked

"I was thinking about something" he said

I looked at him encouraging him to continue.

"Was Kevin up here last night" he asked sighing

"Yeah he was" i said finishing up the food

"What did he want" Shawn asked

"He said he wanted to meet the kids. They were sleeping he helped me get them in the house then he left" I said

"Is that all-"

"I don't wanna talk about it this right now ok" I said

"Why are you avoiding the conversation Mulan" he said

I turned and walked away from him. I walked towards the steps to go get the kids when he grabbed my ankle. I jolted forward my hands landing on the step in front of me as a flashback played in my head.

Flashback

I wasn't for an argument with Him today. Kevin was questioning me about why I came in so late. It was 6:00. Since when is 6:00 late?!, right it isn't He wouldn't believe that Alexis, Kiarah's sister asked me to grab some drinks with her. Of course he thought that i was with a man, more importantly Shawn Harper.

"This is my house and I'm an adult Kevin, not a child Don't worry about where I was at. I don't have a curfew and it was none of your concern" I said turning an walking towards the stairs

"I PAY THESES MOTHERFUCKING BILLS THO GET THE FUCK BACK OVER HERE AND TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK YO ASS WAS REALLY AT" HE YELLED AT ME

"Kevin don't fucking yell at me and you don't pay for a thing in here except for the clothes and shoes you came with " I said walking up the steps away from him