51- Coffee Shop

Chapter 51- Coffee Shop

Part of this chapter was suggested by an awesome reader and friend @therealcarissa

Thanks!

Maria's POV

10 minutes later I step into the coffee shop to the ring of a bell. I see that Eliza has grabbed a booth near a large picture window. I wave to her, nervous. Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be nervous. It's just Eliza.

I walk over, sliding into the long bench with red padded seats.

She grins."Hey Mari!" She says.

I grin back and reply "Hey Liza! How are you doing?"

"You saw me yesterday!" She laughs, "But very well. Especially right now. What about you?"

"Amazing now that I can see you again!"

"Well, I'm happy! Do you want drinks? On me." She grins.

"I couldn't"
"Mari, just let me buy you a coffee."
After a few moments of convincing, my resolve crumbles.

"Lets go order."
She grins and says, "Finally."

I laugh and we walk up to the counter giggling like little girls.

Once we get up, we see a boy about our age at the counter. He is cute enough, but well, the not attracted to guys thing makes it kind of confusing.

I smile politely and give my order. He smiles at me, and wait, what? He's flirting with Eliza. I'm sure of it. She replied politely but seems uninterested and detached.

We wait in silence as he makes our orders. When he comes back, there is a slip of paper next to Eliza's cup. It has a phone number on it, that I glanced at before she promptly picks it up and throws it in the garbage.

Why would she do that?

I look at her questioningly as we walk back to our booths, and she seems to realize what I am asking.

She looks at me strangely, and says, "Are you wondering why I threw that away?"

We slide into our booth, and I reply, "Ya. Kind of."

"It's not to complicated. I'm just not too attracted to guys." She winces like she is expecting me to yell or something.

Instead I slide over to her side of the bench and put my arm around her.

And suddenly, before I can say anything, a figure bursts through the door. It's a figure that I recognise all too well.

James.