18 - Kings Landing

Don't forget to vote and comment🖤
_________________________________

They know what I am.
Let them come if they find the courage.
And still, I would bow to no one.
-Unknown

It was a very quiet burial. Only a few people witnessed the funeral of Lord Victor Boutayre; the remaining survivors from the massive slaughtering and the direwolves who saved them.

'You want to save your lover and your sister don't you. All I can tell you now is to be patient. Bear with me,' Victor said.

'I don't understand Milord.' She was confused with her husband.

'You won't. It will take time. One day I will explain. There will be a day when I might not be able to stand by your side when you return...'

'Return?'

She finally understood what it had meant. She understood what her husband meant by returning. This was Victor's plan.

When he was first infected with greyscale, he wanted to make sure she was fully prepared to return. Victor wanted his wife to return back to use her influence as a Boutayre and protect her loved ones. That was why he married her. That was why he taught her so many things. That was why he protected her.

That selfless man.

He risked everything for her. And she couldn't even save him. The man who deserved to live the most was now buried 6 feet down the ground.

Meela was standing right in front of his body, with only a few steps away from the buried place. She stood there for what seemed like forever. Her heart and mind were blank.

She didn't know what to feel. She tried muttering a few prayers, to show the least bit of humanity within her but nothing came out of her mouth. She just stared at the covered earth. Her expressions were too numb.

The midwives stood next to her, but after a while, they left the burial leaving her alone with Nymeria and Cana. The wolves never seem to leave her. They had grown very protective of Meela. They wouldn't let her wander off anywhere alone.

After spending hours next to the buried ground she headed back to the inn and the wolves too followed. She made her way towards the room she once resided when she had everything with her.

Every step she took, she felt every blow that was given to her. Every hit. Every kick. Every punch.

Her steps slowed and she paused to catch her own breath. Even when her eyes were wide open staring at her surroundings, she could still see glimpses of herself against the wall holding the dagger that killed her husband. She could remember the stranger throwing punches. She remembers the pain that hit her when he threw a dagger at her, stabbing her palm. She could still see the stranger kicking her. She could still feel the pain of losing her babe. The blood. The smell. The sight. Everything made her have a strong urge to vomit.

Her hands hurried to cover her belly. The dizziness was clouding her mind. The fear was there. The pain was there. She felt pressure building up in her eardrums that made her feel a pounding headache coming.

Leaning against the nearest doorframe, she struggled to push away all the horrifying thoughts that flooded her mind. Her eyes were squeezed shut. Her pants were heavy. Her throat was dry. Tears were pouring down her cheeks. Her body was shaking with fear. She was having a panic attack.

Cana brushed her head against Meela's palm and she immediately came to her senses. Sweat was trickling down her forehead now. She didn't know how to control her thoughts. She slides down and sat on the cold floor.