Chapter 14: Quick Change

Su'Mae

I was sitting at Ample Hills Creamery in Brooklyn picking at my ice cream when Candace and her daughter walked in.

It was crazy that this girl was once my friend and I didn't even know she hates my sister so much.

She looked at me for a second than took her daughter to the counter to get ice cream.

She was a very pretty little girl. She looked just like Ace.

I was so torn. I was suppose to be setting Ace up not falling for him.

The person that I knew and hated was not the same person I was spending time with.

He was just the complete opposite of what I saw when he was with Su'lee.

I needed to talk to Adrian.

I left the ice cream spot and headed straight to the club.

When I got there Kevin, Su'lee, and Adrian we're all outside. It looked like I was an altercation.

"Tell him who you really are.!" Ace was yelling.

"Bro why the fuck you trippin?" Kevin asked.

"Heeeey Hey! What is going on?" I asked.

Su'lee sucked her teeth.

Kevin looked confused. He just kept looking back and forth between us.

"Su'Mae." He said looking at me.

"Kevin when did you get back here?" I asked him.

He looked like he was having deja Vu.

He tried to hug me but I pulled away from him.

"What are you doing? You don't get to just pop back up and think everything is ok. That was fucked up how you just left." I said pissed.

"Su'lee was pretending to be you." Ace said.

"Wait. What? Why?" I said looking at my sister.

"You already know why. You being here right now tells me it all. You are falling in love with Ace." She said.

I just stared at her cause I couldn't believe she just said that in front of Kevin.

"Are you?" They both asked in unison.

I couldn't say anything. Kevin stormed off and so did Su'lee.

Ace and I were left standing there.

"Are you in love with me?"

I still couldn't answer him. I just walked up to him and kissed him passionately.

He held me tightly and kissed me with just as much love and affection.

He broke our kiss. "I am willing to give up all this street shit for you." He said.

That was all I needed to hear. My sister really thought I was in love wit this fucking clown. I was going to take his ass out.

This muthafucka was pushing that shit to my mother. I needed him to trust me and the only way he would do that is if he felt I loved him.

"I am falling in love with you. I'm just afraid you might hurt me."

"Mae I would never. I would give my life for you." He said.

Little did he know he would be giving me his life in full. I was no punk ass bitch.

Ace or Adrian was going to pay. I was gonna see to that.