XXV: Epilogue*

# The Ending...

~ Isabel Montes's POV:

I waited for the impact, but nothing. I felt nothing. Am I dead already?

"Lauren, NO!" I heard someone yell.

What? I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, waiting for the whatever has to come.

I gasp in shock as I saw Lauren on the ground... bleeding. My heart was beating rapidly at shock. My hands started to shake and I felt cold. She-she had jumped and taken a bullet for me.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I quickly scurried my way to her. I set her head on my lap as Scott walks over. He was crying too. I panic of the thought of losing her.

Lauren just smiles at me. "You idiot! Why'd you do that!" I screamed at her, "you better not fcking leave me!" I held her cheek and leaned down as I gave her head a kiss. My throat suddenly went dry. I didn't know what else to do.

"Lauren, I swear I'll throw a tantrum. I still have to marry you and spend the rest of my old life with you. Please, don't leave me," I cried out. I sobbed as I hugged her lightly. I can feel my leg get soaked with her blood since she got shot somewhere on her back.

"Shh," Lauren whispers out. She then furrows her brows. "You say it like I'm going to die," she chuckles, "it's just a shoulder wound."

I glare at her. "Now is not the time to joke, Anderson. What if you loose a lot of blood? Of course you'll die with blood loss and --

She pulled my nape and planted her lips onto mine. It made me relax, and she pulled away.

"Hm," I sighed with contentment. I was in a dazed state. See the effect she has on me?

Then, I hear Scott clear his throat. "Bunny...," Scott says awkwardly. I glared at him. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll be a better father. I'll accept you and Isabel. Please? Just don't leave me. I have no one now." His voice cracked as he said those words. He leaned down and hugged her gently to not hurt her.

Only now he cares? On the most painful day that she needs him, he isn't there to protect her.

I could hear the screeching of the sirens. THEY FCKING COME JUST NOW? Those assholes! Took them long enough.

"Put your hands on your head, now!" one of them said as they all held out a gun. I felt Tom grab me away from Lauren and put me in front of him as if I was a shield. He put the tip of the gun to my head. I gulped as I just stood there.

"I'll kill her!" he yells back, "put your guns down!" I tried to struggle, but he held onto me tighter. The cops put their guns down after 10 seconds of having no choice but to obey.

"Just blow my brains out you fcktard!" I yelled angrily.

"Tom," i heard a faint voice. I looked to the side to see Lauren looking our way. "Please, don't kill her," she begs. She looked so fragile. All the color had drained from her face. I felt useless. That should've been me.

"Paramedics!" Tom yelled, "have them tend to her!" He pointed towards Lauren. Two guys from the ambulance started running towards Lauren.

Without thinking, I elbowed Tom and ran for Lauren. Shots were immediately fired. I looked behind me to see Tom on the ground. His chest was bleeding and an officer was also on the ground. "Lauren. You'll be okay," I cried out as I hugged her.

"I'm tired," she says.

"Don't! Not yet, " I replied, laying a gentle kiss onto her lips. It all happened in slow mode. "You said you weren't going to die."