Chapter 1

I got off the bus as usual and navigated my way to the classroom. I still had all the supplies from the 1st day because we ran out of time to sort all of it, and the teacher planned to have us do it while he passes out the IPads. I, getting there early, got out a notebook and pencil. I doodled a few random things on the page. I was never good at drawing but u always wanted to be.

"Okay, you can pack your pencil pouches with the things listed on the board. All the instructions are written there. If you have any questions feel free to ask." Mr Smith said, walking over to a kidney shaped table with the IPads stacked on one side.

Pencil Pouch:
•Pencils
•Scissors
•Sharpener (if you have one)
•White board markers
•Sharpies (at least 2)

The yellow notebook should have your first and last name written on the top and SCIENCE in the center (write in sharpie!) All yellow colored things are associated with science.

All green things are associated with math, so you will follow the same process you did for your science things, but apply them to the other subjects.

All purple things are E.L.A and all blue things are Espark.

Your red folder is your take home folder. On each inside pocket, write KEEP and RETURN, one on each pocket. Also follow what you did for the other things so far.

Man, is this what teachers do before school? This was all written on the front white board. I can't imagine writing all that!

Following the given instructions, I started with labeling the folders and notebooks. "Okay, Skylar, this your IPad right?" Mr Smith said, just loud enough to be heard over the talking. I girl on the right side of the room perked up from whatever she was doing. Mr Smith turned the IPad he was holding on to reveal an LPS lock screen. "Yes, that's mine." The girl, who I assume is Skylar, replied and quickly went back to her activity.

"Okay! When I call your name, come and get your IPad. Evan!" Mr Smith grabbed the IPad that had Evan Hunson written on the case. A kid with a cast on his arm walked up to retrieve the IPad and went back to his seat. Wonder what he did to his arm..

Once everyone got their IPads, it was time for lunch. Grabbing my lunch box, I walked out with the rest of the class to the lunch room.

At lunch, the way your in line is the way you sit. So if you're in line with the smelliest kid in class, well let's just hope that you get to start a new section on a new table. We didn't get to choose where we sat, but lots of kids brought petitions to lunch saying to allow us to choose seats.

I ended up sitting next to Skylar. She was quiet definitely. While I got out my sandwich, I looked over to Skylar. "Megan, and you're Skylar right?" I held out my hand to Skylar. "Yea--yeah, Skylar." Skylar hesurated slightly, then shook my hand.

Once we were let out to recess, Skylar and I headed over to the swings. We didn't really like the playground area. Once we got there, all the swings had been taken. We walked up to this one kid who looked about 3rd grade. "Could we have your swing? You're probably going in soon anyways." I asked the kid. He shook his head no. "I'll pay ya 5 bucks, how about that?" I crossed arms, a smug grin on my face. He still refused. "Here lemme try. Hey I think your class might be going in soon, would you mind giving us the swing? Then you won't have to run so far to your line when you have to go." Skylar pushed me out if the way and walked closer to the swing kid. "Will I still get the money?" The kid spoke up. Skylar walked back over to me. "Gambling in 4th grade huh?" Skylar elbowed me softly. I grabbed a 5 dollar bill from my pocket. "Here's your stinky money, now get off so we can have it." I held the 5 bucks up so he could see it. As if timing couldn't be better, his class's whistle blew. He snatched the bill from my grasp and ran off. Luckily a swing next to the one we gambled for opened up so I took that seat.

Skylar and I talked about things like hobbies and favorites of things.

"Hey, I think recess ends soon. You wanna head to the line?" I suggested, getting a nod of approval from Skylar. As we ventured to the lining up area, we saw Mr Smith doing this hand motion that sorta read my class come over here! "Why doesn't he blow his whistle?" Skylar asked, confused. "Ooh, I don't think he has it.." I noticed that Mr Smith wasn't wearing his whistle. Something that was sorta a thing when teachers forgot whistles are shouting to get your class's attention to line them up. That's what Skylar and I did. "MR SMITH'S CLASS, WE GOING IN!!" I shouted, jumping up and down. "Megan you'll never be heard like that, you gotta go like..." Skylar remarked. Then Skylar screamed. When I say scream I mean scream! "You're Mr Smith's new whistle Skylar!" I smiled to Skylar. She actually got most of the kids to line up.

As soon as the day started it was over. I feel that Skylar and I are really good friends, well can be in the future. At least, that's what I hope...