Chapter 3

Héctor was a nervous wreck, but he was sure Miguel was much, much more nervous, for whatever reason.

He would find out later.

Slowly, Héctor fumbled in his pockets for his keys. He pushed the key in the keyhole. Before he could unlock it, an impatient, cross Imelda appeared in the doorway.

Miguel was still awake, clenching to Héctor. He peered at Imelda, trembling.

Imelda was in shock when she saw it was Miguel.

She quickly pulled the 2 inside as it started rain storming outside. 

————————————————————————————————————

Imelda had made Héctor and Miguel hot chocolate. Héctor sipped it, but Miguel didn't even look up, as he was sitting in Héctor's lap.

"How did Miguel -ehm- die, Héctor?" Imelda questioned.

"He..... didn't tell me." Héctor replied. "But, now is not the time to ask..."

They both peered down to shaking Miguel. Who had actually calmed down quite a bit.

"Let's take him to bed" Héctor said.

Imelda nodded, and Héctor carried tearful Miguel upstairs. Imelda followed.

Héctor sat Miguel on the bed, and Imelda and Héctor sat on both sides of him. Miguel leaned on Héctor.

Miguel needed to change into different clothes, not the bloody rags that acted as clothes. Miguel just needed something to act as pajamas right now, they could worry about real clothes later.

Héctor looked down at Miguel, he looked terrible. Miguel looked like he hadn't slept in days.

Héctor nudged the somehow awake Miguel to lean on Imelda. Héctor stood up and walked to a drawer. He pulled out a plain white t-shirt.

"Ahem, Imelda-er- do you mind for a moment?" Héctor asked nervously, gesturing for Imelda to leave the room a second.

She realized immediately that Héctor going to help Miguel change.

"Oh! Of course." Imelda said. "Call me when I can come back in, I'll be right outside." With that, Imelda left.

Héctor grabbed Miguel, ensuring he wouldn't fall over, and helped Miguel take his hoodie and shirt off.

Héctor winced.

He saw the stab marks of the top half of Miguel's body. Blood was smeared against the bones, and there were cracks where the actual blow was. Héctor started getting nervous.

"What killed this poor boy?" Héctor frantically thought.

Héctor froze with fear.

He didn't put the t-shirt on yet.

"H-hey Imelda?" Héctor frantically asked.

"Yes?" Imelda replied, unaware of what Héctor was witnessing.

"The-er-um- shirt isn't on Miguel yet, but c-can you come in h-here a second?" Héctor nervously replied.

With this, Imelda entered, and went over to the nervous wreck, Héctor. She looked where he was looking a gasped in shock.

She saw the deep cuts of where Miguel had been killed.

Imelda's mind was racing. She suddenly remembered that in life, Oscar and Felipe had trained to be doctors before joining her shoe business.

"I will go get Oscar and Felipe..." she stated, still in shock.

Héctor quickly nodded, and with that she left.

Héctor sighed, and looked at Miguel. Héctor saw that Miguel was crying.

Fear struck Héctor like lightning.

"W-what's wrong chamaco?" Héctor quickly asked.

"It....."*gasp* "hurts....." Miguel gasped.

Héctor got even more worried. He was frantically waiting for Imelda and her twin brothers to get back.

There was some hair in Miguel's face

Héctor wiped the hair out of Miguel's face, to find it hot.

Héctor removed his hand from Miguel's head as if it had burned him.

Héctor started breaking down, and he scolded himself for it.

Not only was Miguel in a lot of pain, but he was also very sick.

Héctor pulled a chair up beside the bed and curled up. He started breaking down. He was crying. He tangled his hands in his hair, worried for the safety of his great great grandson, who probably died a terrible death to have these marks.

Just as Héctor broke down, he heard 3 skeletons hurriedly enter the room.

————————————————————————————————————

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I plan to release Chapter 4 April 29, 2018- March 1, 2018. Also, check out Fanfiction's Coco fanfiction called "Again, Once More"! Stay tuned for Chapter 4! ❤️❤️❤️