Chapter 10

Miguel awoke to Dr. López examining his skull.

Dr. López touched it, and Miguel yelped from the pain.

Dr. López wrote something down on his clipboard, and left.

Héctor and Imelda walked into the room, each holding a bottle of medicine.

Hector bent down beside the bed, while Imelda unscrewed the medicine she had.

She poured a little into a cup.

"What's the medicine for, Mamá Imelda?"

"It turns out you have skull damage, which acts sort of like brain damage, Miguel." Imelda said, giving him the cup.

"If you drink this, it will help fix it." Imelda said. "You just have to do it once a week for a month."

Miguel looked down at the cup.

"It will heal your skull and make you remember everything you forgot because of the skull damage." Imelda said.

Miguel drank the medicine in the cup, and dropped it as he began remembering things. They were fuzzy, but they were still there.

He buried his face in his knees as he clutched his hair.

He remembered de la Cruz, backing him into a corner.

He saw the beautiful, bright colors that could only belong to his alebrjie, Dante.

He remembered being carried away.

He remembered pain.

He snapped out of the memories when he heard people saying his name.

He found he was breathing fast, and could only see his knees.

"Miguel!" He heard a familiar voice say.

He slowly looked up, but the world started spinning around him.

He tightly shut his eyes.

He felt a hand on his back, but couldn't think straight enough to determine who's it was.

He was determined to be strong for his familia.

He started to sit up straight, but collapsed, only to be caught.

He flinched away from the hands and screamed.

He opened his eyes and looked around.

His vision was blurry and couldn't make out anything.

He suddenly felt someone pull him down on the bed.

Miguel screamed and tried to pull away, but the hand was too strong.

Miguel was kicking and punching in random direction, hoping to hit something, but he suddenly felt drowsy.

Within seconds, Miguel was out.

————————————————————————————————————

Imelda and Héctor watched as Dr. López put Miguel to sleep with a shot.

They couldn't believe what they had just seen.

Why did Miguel act that way?

The memories, they thought at the same time.

Dr. López turned around to look at them.

"It appears this is going to be a regular thing when he takes the medicine." Dr. López said, using his pen to point to the medicine.

"I will give you some sleeping medicine to make him go to sleep, unless you would prefer a medicine that just calms him?"

"Do the calming medicine." Imelda said.

Dr. Lopez nodded and wrote them a prescription for the medicines they had and the calming medicine.

"Side effects are on the bottle" Dr. López said. "You might want to check them out so you know what to do after he takes it."

Imelda and Héctor nodded.

It only took about 5 minutes for Miguel to shakily wake up.

They helped walk Miguel to the car, and on the way home they stopped by the pharmacy.

Héctor walked in the pharmacy, got the calming medicine, and got back in the car.

When they were home, they turned on the TV for Miguel as Imelda and Héctor read the side effects of the calming medicine.

Side effects may include: numbness, very emotional, unable to think straight, clumsiness

Imelda and Héctor looked at each other, then the bottle. They had to do this to calm Miguel down after remembering such horrible things.

They put the 3 bottles of medicine in the medicine cabinet with "Miguel" labeled on them.

————————————————————————————————————

Hey, guys! Sorry for the short chapters, but it's getting to a good part, I swear! It will probably start getting good around Chapter 12. However, don't make that let you forget to read Chapter 11! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! ❤️❤️❤️