Chapter 9

Héctor and Imelda worriedly glanced at each other.

Hector nodded and showed Dr. López to the hallway.

Hector shut the door. Imelda and Miguel heard them murmuring outside.

Imelda sighed and turned to Miguel.

She went over and gently pulled the covers off his head.

Miguel was shaking and pulled his hands over his head defensively.

"Why are you scared, Miguel?"

"It feels like I'm forgetting something important. Something scary." Miguel stuttered. "Why my head hurts, I think."

Imelda simply sighed and nodded.

However, fear tugged at her heart. Not the fact that he was remembering his encounter with de la Cruz, but the fact that he had forgotten it.

At that moment, Héctor and Dr. López walked in. Imelda moved off the bed and sat herself back down in the seat she had been sitting at.

Hector just stood behind her.

Imelda beckoned Héctor to lean down so she could whisper something to him.

She silently told him the conversation she had with Miguel.

Hector paused for a moment, then nodded. Standing straight up again.

Except now he had worry AND concern in his eyes.

Dr. López, however, just started asking Miguel questions. Odd questions.

"Miguel, what's the last thing you remember from yesterday?" Dr. López asked. His voice did not betray any emotions he might have had.

"Erm." Miguel stammered. "Sitting up here in this room, waiting for Papá Héctor to come upstairs with Mamá Imelda."

"Why was Héctor going to bring Imelda up?"

"To check on the cracks in my bones."

"Why were there cracks in your bones?"

"Because of my death." Miguel's voice was starting to waver.

Dr. López nodded. He turned around to look at Imelda and Héctor.

"You two, take him to the hospital." Dr. López sternly stated. "I will come later. I suggest you both stay in the backseat with him, since he seems to know you the best."

"We should get Victoria to drive, and Rosita come with us." Héctor said

Imelda nodded in agreement.

"Good, good." Dr. López said. "I will reserve a room for Miguel here. You will be seen immediately."

Imelda and Héctor nodded as Dr. López picked up his things and left.

Imelda should have been happy to know that Dr. López was going to take care of Miguel, and she was, but it worried her that Miguel needed to go to the hospital.

Héctor, however, was just relieved Miguel would get the treatment he needed.

So they loaded into the car, Victoria driving, Rosita in the passenger seat, and Imelda, Héctor, and Miguel in the back. Miguel in the middle.

They were at the hospital in about 20 minutes, there hadn't been much traffic in the afternoon, since mostly everyone was at their jobs.

When they arrived at the hospital, barely anyone was there. The busiest day of the year at the hospital is Dia De Los Muertos, but every other day is for the most part, uneventful.

As soon as the 5 walked in, the receptionist new Dr. López had saved them a room.

She guided them to a room at the end of a hallway.

They thanked her and went inside the room, Héctor and Imelda gently setting Miguel under the covers on the bed.

It was now evening, almost night. Which means they could sleep here with Miguel.

Dr. López then walked in the room as soon as Imelda was done tucking Miguel in.

Miguel scrunched his shoulder up, as if expecting to have pain inflicted on him.

Dr. López, however, just grabbed a flash light and looked at his cracked skull.

López wrote something down on his clipboard and left them alone.

They all relaxed.

Nothing could go wrong.

This is what the Riveras' thought, not feeling the pair of eyes watching them through the window.

————————————————————————————————————

OOOOOOO! CLIFFHANGER! Look out for Chapter 10 to see what awaits the Rivera family next! Also, sorry for the short chapter. I kind of just made this chapter to get some tension, and also to transfer Miguel to the hospital. Thanks for all your support! ❤️❤️❤️