Chapter 7

Before we start the chapter, I just want to say I love Felipe and Oscar so much, they are one of my fav characters. Also Miguel got some pajama pants, so everything is less cringy now. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

————————————————————————————————————

Miguel outstretched his leg, wincing at the sudden pain of moving it.

Héctor nervously bent down to examine it, pulling the sleeve back.

The twins had cleaned the blood off, which was hard since it was dried on there. Hector tried to reassure himself that they probably just scrubbed it too hard and made his leg sore.

But Miguel winced when he moved his leg.

Miguel has never winced in all the time he has known Miguel unless it really, REALLY hurt.

"How does it feel, chamaco?" Héctor asked, doing a decent job at covering up his worriedness.

"It hurts, Papá Héctor. It feels like I'm dying again....." Miguel's voice wavered a little.

Héctor's face had concern carved in it.

"I'll go get Imelda." Héctor quickly said, running downstairs.

He laid in bed for a second, when he heard Mamá Imelda shouting angrily.

Miguel slowly got up, and limped out of the room to see the issue, trying to hold back a wince.

"Why did Miguel have to die?!" Imelda angrily yelled, as Hector tried to soothe her, saying that Miguel would get worried if he heard her screaming.

"Miguel shouldn't have died!" Imelda spat out. "I'm putting my foot down!"

Miguel assumed the worse.

Miguel thought Mamá Imelda didn't want him here. Miguel thought she meant she would kick him out by putting her foot down.

They turned to see Miguel on the staircase when they heard sniffles.

Miguel had started to cry.

Imelda froze, unable to think why he was crying, because she had intended her words to have a different meaning.

However, Héctor saw how Miguel could mistake it with Imelda not wanting him.

Before Héctor could say anything, Miguel was running to the door.

Miguel ran past them and bolted out of the house.

He heard Héctor and Imelda call for him, then for the twins.

Just as he started to enter the city, he saw the four try to chase after him.

————————————————————————————————————

Miguel ran to the first alley he saw.

It was the only place where people wouldn't bother him.

He was breathing heavily, ribcage rising and falling quickly, because he had run for a bit to get there.

Suddenly he heard shuffling behind him in the alley.

His head whipped around and saw a familiar looking man, his bones yellow, remembering them as originally white, it took a second for Miguel to identify who he was.

Then realization hit him.

The familiar figure turned around, and stared in shock at Miguel.

However, very soon the shock turned into fiery hatred.