Chapter 4

Oscar and Felipe were in shock as they watched was was happening.

Miguel, DEAD, was lying on the bed, gasping between moans of pain. Héctor was having a breakdown beside the bed, which they had never seen before.

They looked at each other and nodded, thinking the same thing, they had to start working.

As Oscar and Felipe rushed over to Miguel, Imelda went to comfort Héctor.

As soon as the twins saw the cracks and blood, they knew it was serious. 

Felipe put their doctor's tool bag on the bed, and they began. Felipe took out a band aid roll (idk what they are called), and gave it to Oscar. Oscar began wrapping it around the wounds as Miguel held his breath. Felipe tried to soothe him.

Then Oscar noticed how bloody Miguel's pants were. They looked more bloody than they should to not have a wound there.

"Hey, Felipe." Oscar said

Felipe snapped his head to look at his twin brother.

"Come look at this." Oscar said.

Felipe moved to where Oscar was, and noticed that Miguel's pants were bloodier than they should be, as well.

They both turned around to look at Héctor, who had almost recovered from the breakdown. He had been watching, worriedly.

"Do you uh mind.... if we..." Felipe slowly asked

Oscar pointed to Miguel's leg.

"Oh, sure!" Héctor said in realization.

With that Felipe slowly pulled up the left sleeve of Miguel's pants.

They saw the wound, and Oscar wrapped the band aid roll around it, both of them trying to appear emotionless.

The wound was like the other wounds, but all the wounds were extremely severe, the worst they had ever seen in life and death.

Miguel was almost unconscious, it had been such a long, painful day for him.

"He'll be fine-" Felipe started.

"-for now." Oscar finished.

Héctor sighed. He was slightly relieved.

"When I touched his face," Héctor said, "it felt hot."

The twins looked at each other in concern.

Oscar reached in the bag and pulled out a thermometer, and handed it to Felipe.

Felipe took Miguel's temperature.

Felipe and Oscar's eyes widened, but they didn't turn to look at Héctor or their sister. If Héctor and Imelda saw their shock, they would be worried.

But they had to tell them.

The twins nodded to each other.

"106 degrees" Oscar stated.

"He needs to stay in bed." Felipe agreed.

Héctor and Imelda gave each other a worried look.

"Thank you, Oscar and Felipe." Imelda said. "Come on, let's go. Héctor has to get Miguel in his pajamas."

Imelda gave the twins a fake smile as the three left the room. They started talking outside.

Héctor turned his attention to the half- asleep Miguel.

He put the oversized shirt on the boy, with difficulty.

When Héctor finally got it on Miguel, he smiled triumphantly.

He then slid the pants off the boy (cringe)(also the shirt was so big you couldn't see "the place" "cringe again")(the t-shirt acted as a night gown for boys I guess so totally normal for this to happen), and just to make sure the boy was comfortable, he found some fuzzy red socks and put them on Miguel's now skeletal feet.

 Héctor sighed as he tucked the now asleep Miguel into bed.

Héctor then left the room and quietly closed the door behind him to join the conversation between Imelda and her brothers.

————————————————————————————————————

Since Miguel was in Imelda and Héctor's bed they had to sleep on the couch.

However, the twins suggested they sleep in their room. The twins' bedroom had two bunk beds.

After arguing a bit, Héctor and Imelda gave in, and the twins smiled triumphantly at each other.

They showed Imelda and Héctor to their room.

Like the child Héctor truly is, he runs in and calls top bunk on the bunk bed he and Imelda were sleeping in.

Felipe grinned and did the same, both of them chatted to each other from across the room.

Oscar and Imelda looked at each other, both stuck on the bottom bunk.

Oscar grinned, because at heart he was a child like his younger twin brother and Héctor.

Oscar ran to the bottom bunk of the bunk bed he was sharing with his twin brother for tonight.

Imelda sighed and shook her head, acting disgusted by Héctor and the twins' childlike behavior. They all giggled as Imelda layed down after turning the lights off.

There was a little bit of light shining through the almost closed door, as they kept the bathroom light on at night. The bathroom was almost right across the twins' bedroom. 

As Imelda drifted off to sleep, Héctor lay awake. 

Pretending to be asleep, Héctor watched the twins as they exchanged worried looks. 

Finally, the twins went to sleep, and Héctor slowly did the same.

————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you have any suggestions for something I can put in the story, please put it in the comments or message me! Chapter 5 will come out soon! ❤️❤️❤️