ch.7

written by milkyocean

T O N Y ' S   P . O . V

My heart fluttered as I passed by Tori. She offered a small smile to which I returned with my own, then she disappeared down the hallway. I had to lean against the wall to steady myself as my heart pumped faster. I was stubborn to admit I was absolutely smitten, but I knew that it was true. I liked Tori-- no. I loved Tori, more than anything in the world. But there was one thing in the way of us being together. That little speedster.

I couldn't blame him for liking Tori, I mean... everyone likes Tori, some more than others, but he was trying to sabotage my chance. I couldn't let that happen.

I knew Tori for so long. I found her in crisis, I helped her. She had to like me back too, right? But what if she didn't? What if this was just a small fling? I should just embrace this-- this beautiful thing that was happening to me.

I straightened myself up, the butterflies still fluttering around in my stomach. I walked out to the lounge room where most of the team were chattering. A grin was still etched onto my face and I just couldn't bring myself to rid it. Steve was the first to notice it and he turned to me, "What's with the face?" he smirked.

"What, Rogers?" I quirked. "Can't a man smile every once in a while?"

"I didn't know Tony had emotions." Nat perked up from beside Clint.

I sent her a face before turning around and waltzing to the kitchen. I turned on the coffee machine, placing the mug Tori gave to me under the dispenser. I swayed on my feet lightly, still feeling their gazes on me.

"You okay, T-Bone?" Bruce asked, walking over to me and placing his hand on my forehead, I assume trying to check my temperature.

I swatted his hand away, "Why wouldn't I be?" I retorted, the radiating smile still on my face.

Wanda, who just so happened to be in the room, gasped loudly before a small smile appeared on her face. "You like Blue!"

"What, like the colour?" Clint asked, dazed.

"I'm pretty sure she means the person Blue." Bucky smirked at him.

Wanda's face suddenly fell before she said, "There's going to be rivalry."

My grin disappeared and a frown graced my lips before I averted my gaze. "I know."

B L U E ' S   P . O . V

The chill of the night nipped at my sides as I stumbled down the walk way. There was something about the night that was so... beautiful. However, the people at night are less beautiful. Drunkards, party-goers and blinding lights were infesting the city and I was not having it.

The neighbors, Jensen and Jacob, decided it would be cool to invite me to what was already a dead party and get drunk off their asses. Me, being the little responsible introvert that I am decided leaving earlier before I got drugged by some weirdo would be the best option for me.

The wind changed, and I shivered. Not because I was cold in these revealing clothes, but because I knew someone was following me. I inhaled the crisp air as much as I could before I continued walking.

I prodded along and the feeling became stronger. I started jogging, desperate to get back to the tower. Suddenly, a caloused hand clasped over my shoulder and yanked me into the alley. I felt my shoulder pop, meaning he probably dislocated it. He sneered at me as I scrambled to my feet. "Your freak show murdered my son! You dropped a building on him, you bitch!" he screeched with his Russian accent prominent as he took the first swing to my jaw.

His Russian accent obviously meant he was Sokovian, so I stepped out of the way of the blow. "Sir, I don't want to hurt you-"

THWAK!!

I collapsed to the groud, holding my bleeding nose. While I was down, he took this opportunity to deliver a few more kicks to my sides. He spat on me and yanked my hair, forcing my face to his. He caressed my cheek with his free hand and I tried to pulled away, whimpering when he gave me another slap. He wrapped his gross hand around my neck, putting me in a chokehold.

Suddenly, he was pulled away. I inhaled, the metalic taste of blood overcoming my senses. My spotted vision was able to make out a figure looming over another. I gulped as it approached me, stumbling back against the wall. Nausea bubbled in my system and I thought I was going to throw up. My vision cleared and I exhaled.

It was Tony.

T O N Y ' S   P . O . V

I leaned on the barrier of the balcony, observing the setting of sun. Usually, Tori would watch it with me but today she wasn't here. It developed an unsettling feeling in my stomach, sensing she was in danger. Tori was strong, she could hold herself, couldn't she?

I sighed, pulling away and walking back inside. I plonked myself on the sofa and rubbed my hands over my face before FRIDAY spoke up. "Boss? There's a disturbance on 12th."

I perked my head up, "What's going on?"

"It's... it's Blue, sir."

My eyes widened as I leapt out of my seat, bounding off to the elevator. "What happened?!"

"She seems to have been jumped."

I growled as the doors closed, but quickly my face fell into a frown. She better be alright... she has to be.

●●●

My steps became quicker as I looked into each alley way I passed, always looking for a signal it was Tori, but always coming up empty. Suddenly a muffled scream erupted from around me, leading me to where Tori layed against the ground, a man in a dark hoodie kicking her in the guts.

An unknown rage errupted from inside of me. I ripped the man from Tori and threw him to the floor. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" I hissed.

"You killed my son!" he screamed.

I kicked him in the ribs and grabbed him by the collar. I glared into his eyes which were shining with fear. "I'm going to give you one chance." I released him from my grasp and he stumbled away. I spun around on my heels to see Tori clutching her side with a grimace on her face.

My stomach dropped as she looked up at me in pain. I kneeled down next to her, rubbing her forearm. "T-Tony?" was the only thing she was able to say before she lurched forward, retching. I held her up as she vomited, murmuring sweet nothings while rubbing her back. I frowned as she sobbed, whiping her mouth with her sleeve.

"Come on, lets get you back to the tower."