ch.9

Tori slung the ukulele strap over her shoulder as she positioned the small tenor guitar in front of her chest. Somehow Rhodey, Sam, Bucky and Peter convinced the shy turtle to sing a song. In all honesty, she really didn't want to sing but this was the only way to make them leave her alone.

She gulped down her anxiety and began strumming the chords for 'You'. After a few melodic strums she opened her mouth to sing.

I told you I was looking for some empathy,

Well you fooled me.

Just a touch and a thought and I was gone.

Tony smiled at her angelic voice over the ukulele, his cheeks still flushed as he watched her sway on her feet.

And now, someone's gonna get to know the better you

When I was supposed to.

Ohhhhh oh oh ohh oh

Why did it have to be you?

Tori closed her eyes as she sang, belting out her voice as much as she could to hit those high notes.

I guess, now the next time there's an opportunity

I'll tread more carefully.

My heart's running out of celotape

You know

How is it i've never felt this way before

I was so sure

Oh, oh, oh it wasn't going to be you

Pietro's smile widen as he watched Tori sing, her voice like a celestia as she softly sang. His eyes watched in wonder as she continued.

Why do all the reg flags, just look so much fun, oh

I have a habit of searching for the damage

To share my love.

I promised to be numb,

But somehow you were the one.

Now to unwind

Months of a good time.

People will tell me that I messed up,

And it wasn't love,

And I'm secretly hoping they are right...

Because,

Whatever it was

It was wonderful.

But non functional

Oh,

I really hope I don't love you

Tori exaggeratingly strummed the last chords repeatedly as the room errupted with cheers and applause. Stepping down from the makeshift stage, she was immediately attacked with embraces from the team. She laughed, attempting to hug as many others as she could.

As everyone pulled away and Pietro and Tony walked towards her, their faces beaming with bright smiles and wide arms. Moving towards the two, she hugs Tony first smiling as she leans into his chest, sniffing in his coffee smell as she lightly pecks his cheek before pulling back. "Thankyou so much Tony for this, its amazing."

Walking closer to Pietro, Tori's cheeks start to heat up while she held her arms out slightly. Pietro reacted back the same, his pale cheeks lighting up a light pink while he pulled Tori closer to his chest.

●●●

"TEDDY!" The young boy ran around, his laughter echoing around the apartment as he pushed and knocked things over. "TEDDY, GET BACK HERE NOW!" The girl screeched as she watched another vase get knocked over.

Finally having enough, the girl raises her hands and swirls them around before teleporting towards her nephew. Landing infront of him, Teddy screams excitingly before turning around, but Tori grabs him before he can get away.

An older man sagged into the room with fatigue evident on his face. He smiled tiredly at Tori before plonking himself on the sofa, running a hand over his tired eyes. Tori levitated the boy into her arms and jostled him around playfully.

"How was work, Oscar?" Tori sat down besides him, Teddy reaching out for his father.

"It was the usual." He says, taking Teddy from Tori as he smiles softly at his son. "He's only 2 years old, and he's already causing trouble." Oscar chuckled, supporting his son against his leg.

"Yeah. But I remember when you were like that as well, and you were only a year old." Tori chuckled along with her younger brother at the memory of their old childhood life, before it took a turn for the good and the bad. "Where's Ellie?" Tori got up, walking towards the kitchen to prep herself a sandwich. "Actually.... I don't know. She said she would be coming over, but she just had to do something important." Oscar called out, making faces at his son.

Suddenly, Ellie appeared in the middle of the lounge room, Loki along with her. The two looked around, until they spotted Oscar. "Hey Dad." Ellie smiled softly at her father, before plopping down next to him and smiling at her brother. "Hey Teddy." She cooed.

Tori walked back in, her smile growing as she spotted the two new people in the room. "Ellie, Loki. What a pleasant surprise." She hugged the two, before turning back to Ellie. "Now miss Eleanor, what is this thing about going out with Spider Man, hm?" Tori raised a brow, a smirk dancing across her lips.

Ellie turned back to her Auntie, her cheeks flaring a dark red. Loki chuckled from where he stood, as Tori kept smirking. "So?"

"Um...okay, I'm dating Spider Man. So what?" Tori smiled with glee, pulling her Niece into a tight hug.

"He is my bestfriend, that's what."