The Tour and Life in General

Jake's POV

"This the entrance hall," I tell Leona, "but most people come in through the back. Too intimidating." It really is. The house was originally designed for a huge pack, big enough to rival the Eclipses'. Over the years, we've had less and less people shifting, so lots of families just get up and leave. No sense being in a pack if no one in your family can shift any more. My family and Kate's are some of the last strong wolf bloodlines.

Now that I think about it, I guess Leona's family is one too. At least, they were.

Bit of pack trivia for you there. Anyway, the walls are decorated in a fading pink wallpaper, and the grand marble staircase is to the right, with a short table with soap-smelling candles from who-knows-how-long ago. Probably around the time my great-grandmother was born. She had a love of antique candles, with is a pretty weird love, if you ask me.

"It's huge!" Leona gapes. 

I grin. "Wait till you see upstairs."

Her eyes widen. "There's more?"

"What did you expect? That we sleep on the floor?"

"Well, no, but I've already seen upstairs and it's huge, and I really can't imagine it could get much bigger than that and-"

I press my fingers to her lips. Tendrils of electricity shoot up my arm. I try to ignore it. "Let's move on, shall we?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leona's POV

Large, Larger, and Largest.

That's what my life has been for the past 3 weeks. 

As it turns out, Sara was overjoyed about everything. She loves  that Alexa and Ruby can shift, even though she can't-at least not yet, anyway. We still go to school everyday, but it just slips by.

But my favorite part is the weekends.

Every Saturday and Sunday,  Alexa, Ruby, Jake's brother, Ian and Ian's friend Samuel train. Jake, Kate, and Darren all help out. I attempt to help. My leg's pretty much healed now, but I have to take things easy for at least another week.

When I say "Attempt" to help, I mean sitting on the sidelines holding a stopwatch quite literally timing a giant wolf.

For the record, Alexa's average time is around 80 miles per hour.

One afternoon, I sit down with Kate and Darren (Jake was training Alexa, Ian and Samuel couldn't come because they were working on a science fair project. Science before Paranormal Activities except after... never mind.)

We just hung out for a while watching Alexa doing flips.

"Tell me more about training," I say suddenly.

Kate and Darren look at each other. "It's not really that complicated, really," Darren explains. "When you first shift, you have to wait at least three months before you can begin training. Then you start training with other shifters your age for a year. After that, you do group training with other pack members once a month."

"That doesn't seem so simple to me," I grumble.

"Sorry," He apologizes.

Kate springs up. "Lets go look at Alexa some more," She suggests.

Darren stands up too. "Let's go."

"I could use a stretch," I agree.

We  walk down to get a closer look, when I see Sara on all fours mimicking the move Alexa's been doing.

"Sara?" I ask.

She turns her head in surprise. "Oh, it's just you guys."

"What are you doing?" 

Sara looks at the ground. "Oh, nothing, just, you know, practicing..."

"Well," Kate cuts in, "You're doing it wrong. Lift your back legs higher before you roll. That way you'll go faster, so it's less likely you'll get hurt."

Sara tries, and comes up on her feet. "Hey, I did it!"

"Just keep practicing," Kate comes back to join us. "What?" She says, seeing our surprised faces.

"Nothing," Darren and I say in harmony.

"Sara wasn't doing the move right! I couldn't just stand there!"

I sigh. "Lets move on, shall we?"

So, I know this wasn't the best chapter, but I was pressed for time.. I'll try to make the next one longer, the last two or three have been filler chapters mostly, but I have a good idea for the next chapter, and it'll pick up after that, I promise! (Yes, I know I didn't make good on my last promise, considering it's Monday... but I mean it this time!

-Cinnamondoodle