Chapter 1- Maybe I Am the Next Victim on Criminal Minds

Chapter 1- Maybe I Am the Next Victim On Criminal Minds

I sunk into the sheets of my bedroom after an excrutiatingly long day of school. Not so much as it was tiring or anything it was just stressful and I tried my best to lay low, which was miserably failed when I fell flat on my face as I entered the gym. Talk about a grand entrance, am I right? Lucky enough for me, a certain person I'd been avoiding had ditched. I flung my laptop open and went onto facebook. I deleted some old pictures and uploaded some new ones of me and Roxy at the movies last Saturday. She called me a wuss for crying... Its not my fault he had to die!

I clicked on Ben's profile and scrolled through some of his photos. Many of them were of him and Anna and the others were of him, Noah, Josh, and other football players I'd seen him hanging out with. It may seem like stalking but I swear I'm not a creeper or anything. I'm allowed to look at the boy I likes page without it being some episode of Criminal Minds. Its totally normal. Right? Of course.

I noticed I had two notifications. I clicked on the first which was a post I was tagged in about 10 minutes ago. My heart fluttered when I realized it was of Ben's. It was a picture of me and him from today and it already had a ton of likes. I knew he'd taken it but I didn't think he'd actually post it. I read the comment he had on it.

"Feels fresh to see some beautiful faces on an awesome first day of school."

My stomach flopped around like a fish out of water.

He literally just called me beautiful. And not like in person or over text or private or anything. On social media for the entire freaking student body to see. I mean holy cow.

Smiling like the idiot I am, I went to check my other notification. I felt the grin fall just as fast as it had appeared. The name sat on the screen awaiting its fate.

Aidan Black.

I gulped and clicked onto his name. As I expected, his account was public. Not many things were posted, only two of him and his minions, a picture of them at a cabin which I assumed was a vacation, a picture of a crowd which appeared to be at a nightclub, and a newer one that was yet to load. I clicked on the most recent photo and saw it was of him, Kade, and Alex standing in front of the mall. That was right around the corner from my house. I didn't evaluate the image for too long cause I slammed my laptop closed and stared at the wall of my room. I drew an imaginary map of my neighborhood and thought of where he lived. 5 minutes away max. He could be outside my house right now. Does he know where I live? Wait, yes he does because my parents made me invite him to my 11th birthday party. Crap. He could be outside my window right now.

Maybe I am the next victim on Criminal Minds.

I let the paranoia take me over and just opened my laptop again. My poor baby, I'm sorry I slammed you down so hard. It lit up and his friend request was still there waiting. I had hoped it would just vanish into thin air but I guess my prayers were not answered. I stared at the name for a while. What's the worst he could do? I mean over Facebook at least. I've never been directly attacked over the internet and I highly doubt he would post something entirely about me. That would taint his low-key profile to show he actually cared about something other than himself.

Ooooh burn.

Still the only one in the room, Emily.

Shut up, it was still a good burn.

I'm not insane, I swear.

Back on topic, I clicked the confirm and went onto his page and friended him. So I guess I'm officially friends with Aidan Black on Facebook now. Does that mean he actually turned human and we could actually be friends in real life too?