Chapter 2 I CAT Even

As Mike and Drop looked around the room Mike asked,

     "Hey, where's maple?"

     The two kids searched the entire house, but they could not find him anywhere. Eventually, they both gave up on their search and about an hour later Maple turned up again. 

     When Maple returned, there was something that seemed a little off. Maple was acting way calmer than usual. Mike and Drop went over to pet him, but Maple jumped away before they could reach him. The two kids chased after him as he ran into the garage.

      As the kids entered the garage, the lights shut off leaving the room completely black. The two kids screamed at the top of their lungs as they tried to escape but the door wouldn't budge. Suddenly, they heard a hissing sound followed by a lawnmower going off. The kids started slamming on the door screaming,

     "Let us out! Let us out!" The door slammed open and the lights went on and in walked Harold

      "what are you silly kids doing down here?" he asked. The two kids both screamed 

     "It wasn't our idea! Maple trapped us in here!" Harold responded,

     "You silly kids playing your silly games. the cat isn't even down here!" The kids looked around the room and saw the lawnmower facing up at them and no cat to be found.

      "But he was here! I saw it with my own eyes!" Harold giggled and said,

     "I thought I told you two not to play with the lawnmower like that." 

    "But it wasn't us!" said Drop. 

   "I don't need your silly excuses, just don't do it again okay." Drop looked up at his face. Drops facial expression changed from fear to disappointment. 

   "Fine." she replied. "But it really did happen!"

     In a secret layer under the earth, Maple sat in front of a large screen featuring Dude and Dude. Dude looked at Maple and said,

     "What the barnacle was that? It looked like you were going to kill them but then you didn't! how boring." Dude looked at Dude and said, 

     "I told him to do that because we need some build up before he finishes them off Dude!" 

     "So, your plan is to mess with them mentally before we end their lives Dude?" 

     "Pretty much Dude!" 

     "That's an awesome idea Dude! Not only will it make this more entertaining, but it will also make my 'Wattpad' story last longer too Dude!" 

     "Dude, you know they have a name for random stuff like that in stories." 

     "What is it Dude." 

     "It's called filler and most of the time it is considered a bad thing."

      "Who cares Dude, my filler will be so good that it won't even be considered filler Dude!"

     "Whatever you say Dude." Dude looks back at Maple and says, 

     "I like what you are doing Maple keep this up and the ratings on 'The Story of Maple' will explode!" Maple nods and teleport's back to the house.

     The next day at the house, Harold walked into the kitchen and saw Maple sitting in the middle of the floor. He said, 

     "That's where you went Maple!" Mike entered the kitchen and Harold turned towards him and said, 

     "I thought he was a goner, but the cat came back the very next day! he just wouldn't stay away!" 

     Mike rolled his eyes as he said, 

     "You do know you don't always need to make random references to everything you see." Harold replied, 

     "But wouldn't the world be so much better if everyone was obsessed over referencing every random thing?" 

     "No that would just be annoying," said Mike.

      Harold ignored him and said, 

     "every time there is a reference to something in a story even if it makes no sense it's always funny." 

     "No, it's not, it's just stupid and everyone laughs at it anyway because they like the thing that is referenced.  This makes them feel the need to pretend everything related to it is awesome even if it's a dumb joke that makes no sense."

 "That's not true, you just don't know what you are talking about!" Screamed Harold as he left the room singing, 

     "The cat came back, the very next day. The cat came back, I thought he was a goner, but the cat came back, the very next day. He just wouldn't stay away."

     Night 4, 3:00 AM. Harold had been awoken by some strange smells coming from the basement. It smelt like that episode of 'Total Drama Island' where Owen farted the national anthem so loud that...... wait a minute, that didn't actually happen in the show. I guess it still works though because from what I remember he was about to. Anyways, it smelt bad so Harold decided to go see what it was. 

     When he entered the room, he felt a nasty vibe flowing into his nostrils and a shadow of a cat sitting on top of a garbage can. he thought about it for a little bit and realized he forgot to take out the trash. He could have sworn he heard Maple laugh as he removed it from the house.