Chapter 6 CATture The Killer

The school shut down the next day. Drop was taken into jail for questioning. In a small enclosed area, there was a skinny but long table sitting in the middle of the floor. At the end of this table, Drop was sitting in a chair waiting to be questioned by an officer.

      Suddenly, a big, fat police officer walked into the room carrying 10 boxes of doughnuts in his arms. He sat down and placed the boxes on the table. 

     "Okay, starting off with the most obvious questions, who do you think you saw in the classroom during this time?"

      "There were the kids, and then there was my evil cat that which was chasing after us with a pair of scissors," said Drop. The officer looked at her with a confused face, took a bite of a doughnut, and said, 

     "Are you sure you didn't see anybody else in the room at that particular moment?" Drop replied, 

     "There was nobody else in the room at that time. My cat is the one behind all this." Drop could tell the officer was not buying it. 

     "You said there was a scream from the back of the classroom, right?" asked the officer. 

     "Yes, there was! And when I looked over there, my cat jumped out from the back and stabbed one of the kids in the eyes! I know this sounds crazy, but I am not making this up!" said Drop. 

     The officer left the room and locked the door. He walked up to Harold who was sitting in the waiting room and said, 

     "You need to get this girl to a counselor as soon as possible. It would also be a good idea to possibly get that cat out of your house and back to a shelter of some sort, as it seems she actually believes what she's saying is true." 

     "But that's not fair to my other kid!" said Harold. 

     "Look, I know this isn't fair, but you have to realize some things just need to happen, okay?" 

     "Fine, you're right," said Harold as he looked at the floor.

     Harold went home and explained the situation to Mike. Mike was not against the idea, because he was remembering back at the time when Maple trapped them both in the garage. Mike said, 

     "You do know the time Maple tried to kill us in the garage wasn't a joke, right?" Harold didn't look too happy with this comment. 

     Not him too! he thought. Now what am I supposed to do!  He thought.

     "Look, you don't need to believe everything your sister says, okay Mike?" 

     "But it's true! He really did try to kill us! She's not making this up!" Harold didn't know how to respond and left the room.

     "Dude, you know how common of a storyline this is? in almost all the stories I've seen kids are almost always the first ones to find out about crazy stuff like this because nobody will ever believe them Dude." 

     "I know Dude, but since we are basing this story on a real event there isn't very much we can do to change it Dude. Replied Dude. It doesn't really matter anyway, because it always creates a good story, and that's why so many people use it as part of their plot Dude." 

     "Yeah Dude, I agree." As long as cliches are not overused, people shouldn't worry too much about them, as they seem to be good at adding to the story." 

     "Yeah Dude, I never really understood why people complain about them so much. They're not that big of a deal."

      "Why are you hiding in the corner like that Dude?" 

     "I was just playing the dating simulator I was playing in chapter 4 and it's really scary!" 

     "How could a dating simulator be scary Dude? That makes no sense!" Dude looks over at the screen and noticed the screen seemed to be glitching out quite a bit. 

     "What is this game called anyway's Dude?" Asked Dude. 

     " 'Doki Doki Literature Club.' " Replied Dude. 

     "What kind of stupid game is that?" asked Dude. 

     "I don't know, I thought the game was good, but then it turned on me."

     Harold picked up the cat, put him in the cage, placed him in the back seat of the truck, and started driving over to the cat shelter. Once he got there, he opened up the back door to pull the cage out and to his surprise, the cage was totally destroyed, and there was no cat to be found. 

     After questioning what was going on for a while, he came to the conclusion that the cage must have been almost broken in the first place, so it just fell apart while he was driving.

      Suddenly, the truck booted up and started driving off. Harold was too slow to see who stole the vehicle, but he tried running after it anyways. 

     The car got away and Harold was left stranded in front of the cat shelter. Harold pulled out his phone and called the police.

      In the front of the truck, Maple was sitting in the driver's seat speeding as far away from the shelter as he could. Just for his own entertainment, as he drove away he decided to run over a few people. Harold called over a taxi and headed home inside it.