Chapter 25: Stay with me

"And live while we're young."

***************

Chapter 25

I spent a week in London with Harry. To my immense surprise, my father and Clarissa didn’t seem to care. I’d called Avery just after I sorted everything with Harry out, and she must have explained it all to them. But I didn’t care about the invasion of privacy. For once, I wanted everyone to know what had happened.

My week in London was perfect. I got to see the rest of the boys and meet all of their girlfriends as well, which was amazing. Eleanor, Perrie, and Sophia were all so nice, and already I felt like I fitted in with them. But once the end of the week and my time to fly back arrived, it felt like the day Harry left all over again. I was just as lost as the first time, unsure of what to do.

The night before I was to leave, Harry and I had one of our traditional movie nights. Except here in London, it felt real. His flat was huge, almost the size of my house back home. Being here with him felt so grown up and different, yet so right. I loved the idea of us having a place to ourselves, but I wasn’t about to tell Harry that. Too soon. Much too soon.

The movie was Iron Man. I was obsessed with the entire series, and Harry had never seen them before, so it was perfect. We were cuddling and munching popcorn under a blanket together, curled around each other. It was one of those times that I didn’t want to move for fear of ruining the perfect moment. But Harry had other ideas.

Smack in the middle of one of my favorite parts, Harry sat up suddenly, spewing popcorn all over the couch and floor and jarring me significantly.

“Hey,” I growled, eyes still trained on the TV. He reached up and muted it, and I glared indignantly at him. “Excuse me, Mr. Styles.”

“I’ve got an idea!” he shouted. I rolled my eyes, turning to go back to the TV. If this was one of his childish pranks so help me God… But he grabbed the remote from and threw it on the other sofa, knowing full well that I was too lazy to get up and get it.

“Harry,” I moaned.

“No, Lexi, listen to me for a sec!” he said urgently. His eyes were alight with childish excitement, so I reluctantly turned my attention from Iron Man.

“What is it?” I sighed. He grinned.

“Well, I was just thinking…”

“Yes?” I snapped. I was starting to get agitated. Tony Stark was about to save the world!

“Well you said you had all your credits to graduate, you were just doing some floater classes, right?” he asked. I nodded slowly, wondering where he was going with this. “I was just thinking, what if you took those classes online?”

“Yeah, and then what?” I asked him curiously. He grinned even wider.

“Well, what if, when you’re taking your classes online, you came out on tour with us for a while? Like, you could just bring your computer and then hang out with us on the tour bus, and it could be so cool…”