My endless love for nights

Considering the nocturnal person that I'm, I have this huge commendment for nights. Many people, are afraid of it, fearing the cynical darkness and the disastrous side it unfolds, and I love it, because of the reality of life that it unfolds.

Every night, I can actually be who I really am, without the fear of getting judged or without pretending to be something that I'm not. Because the night respects me for who I am, and equally accepts me like an old long lost friend.

I cherish the small moments, when I have this penchant for loving the small beauty of nature around me. I secretly savour myself, for letting out the caged bird inside me free, without the fear of getting caught, until next morning.

I love the way, how I feel like the 'silence before the storm', the storm being the next day, and me being the silence during the night.

Nights make me feel strong, just like ocean tides are, on a full moon day, hitting the ocean repeatedly and tirelessly to get the attention of moon.

The moon. Call me a selenophile, but I just love the way how the sky, the stars, the ocean tides and even we humans, adore the moon, despite its craters. Its craters is just a perfect answer to my very simple question- ' Can we humans love someone very beautiful despite their flaws and their imperfections?' Look at the moon and you get your answer.

Talking about such questions, night time gives me ample time to think about my life. Rethink the choices I made, recollecting the moments, pondering about my loved ones. And more than anything, it gives me time to think about myself.

The essence of the night during 1am to 4 am is so intoxicating yet so pure that every morning
when I wake up, I'm so impatient about the day ending, that I deliberately want the night time to come faster so that it wraps me in its arms like it does everytime.

Such is the relation of the night and me, dark yet peaceful, because it makes me feel like I'm the master of my own, and makes me feel relentlessly powerful yet pleasant, everytime.