The broken bridge

Today, both of us, stand together, but at the opposite ends of the bridge. You see me. I see you. No change in the way you look. No change in the way I look.

A huge wave of tears hit me. Yet you don't come. You would rather see me cry that let your emotions rush back to you. Did I really make you that weak when all along I was supposed to be your strength? I feel disappointed now.

I glance at you. You don't shed a drop of tear, but I see the persevering fight in your eyes. I see the ruling of your mind which made you so cold- hearted.

But you know, your eyes. They don't lie. They are glossy and so much tired of being in pain. The pain that I gave you. The pain that made you turn into a beast that you once mocked.

I'm even ready to go to hell to serve a punishment for treating you so badly, if only that takes away your disdain. But you, you have chosen a difficult route of penance for me. Staring at me with galssy eyes and making my realise my mistake every moment.

Its hard to even look at you now. The death stabbing guilt inside has grown upto a level that is so huge that even the love that you gave once is small infront of it.

When people around us, notice us, they ask me just ine question. 'Isn't it strange, how someone who loved you once, has nothing but hatred for you now?'
To this, I just smile. Deep inside I know that even on a new moon day, even if we can't see the moon, we know that it's still spinning around the earth. Your love for me is like that. You don't loathe me, and you never can, may be that's why this pain is even more miserable for you.

Today, more than anything, I'm afraid to see my reflection in the mirror. It just brings back the remorse. And yes, I do feel it, daily. I feel the delinquency of shattering not just our real world, but also the delusional world you had imagined with me.

Today, both of us want to minimise the gap between us and somehow cross the bridge and reach to each other. But there is irreparable damage that you did to the bridge, and I blame myself for letting you be so helpless that you were forced to do it. But remember, I never created a bridge between us to create some distance.

Our eyes lock each other for the last time today, only with the twinkling hope that tomorrow, in some way, will be the day when this gap is vanished. Deep down, we know, that this time, no one wants to risk falling down in the trench, because it means killing your heart and your soul selflessly and treacherously.

We turn around, and move in opposite directions. And yet again, the bridge was left abandoned as it's injury grew even more and the words left unsaid.