A move that changes everything

Matteo has been nervous all morning. He was distracted because he couldn't wait for today to come. He still can't believe this is happening. This is really happening. The girl of his dreams was coming to live in the same city as him. He has never been more happier with any news. Normally, he doesn't believe in fate. But he couldn't explain this event otherwise. He still didn't understand how this girl could be real if he only saw her in his dreams, or better said, their dreams. It was an unexplainable thing. He wished he'd knew the answer to this burning question: how is all of this possible?

His best friend, Gastón noticed something was off with him today. He was happier than he usually was. He barely said a word to anyone today. Gastón was very worried so he asked: "What's going on with you today?"

They were sitting at a table in the Jam & Roller and Matteo looked up from the table to see the look in his friend's face. He went on to asnwer: "It's nothing, don't worry."

"I don't believe you. You've been acting so weird today. What is happening to you?" Gastón insisted for Matteo to tell the truth.

Matteo sighed because he knew that Gastón wouldn't let it go until he tells him. "I'm nervous." he eventually said.

"About what?" Gastón was surprised.

"This might sound a little weird but there's this girl. That girl constantly appears in my dreams and it feels so real, like she's a real person. She told me that she was coming to Buenos Aires today." Matteo looked at Gastón to see what he was going to answer.

His friend just smiled. "Wait, you don't know?" he eventually asked.

"Know what?" Matteo was confused.

"Okay, so you don't." he waited a minute to continue. "Didn't your parents tell you that you find out who your soulmate is through your dreams?"

It took a minute for Matteo to process it. "Wait, so you're saying that this girl is my soulmate?"

"Yes." Gastón took a deep breath. "Didn't your dreams with her feel too real to be a dream?"

"I guess." he didn't really know what to say. "Did you have dreams like that too, you know, before you met Nina?"

"I did and look at us now." He turned to smile at his girlfriend who was sitting across the cafeteria. She smiled back at him.

Matteo was in disbelief and he had no idea what to say. It all turned in his head.

After a while, he managed to come back to reality. Gastón was staring at him confused.

They stayed there in silence for a while. Gastón was the one to break the silence: "So what's the girl's name?"

"Her name is Luna." he started to smile as soon as her name escaped his lips.

His best friend smirked in response. "Boy, you're totally falling for her."

This pulled Matteo out of his thoughts and he immediately got defensive: "What? No, I barely know her and I've only seen her in my dreams."

"You know you can't lie to me, right?" Gastón said in a warning voice. "You're totally eclipsed by her."

Matteo rolled his eyes at the pun while his best friend was proud of it.

He didn't answer because right at that moment, Ámbar, one of their friends, came to their table. "I can't believe my godmother did that." she sighed in annoyance.

"What did she do?" Gastón asked out of curiosity.

"She hired her chef from Mexico to work here and the annoying little girl is coming too. Now I have to see Lunita every day." Ámbar was visibly annoyed.