A meeting to never forget

The rest of the night was blur to Luna. Sleeping was hopeless to her so she tries to find things to keep her busy. She let her mind wander to him. To his eyes and to his smile. Everything he did seemed so fascinating for her. She remembered all the times they touched and how it made her feel. Just the thought of his skin on hers made her shiver and it also made her warm inside. It was pretty safe to say that she couldn't wait for this afternoon.

She was happy that morning was finally here and it was time for her to get ready for the day. The entire time she was getting ready, she had a huge smile on her face. She had this smile on her face the entire day and her parents didn't know what was going on.

"Why are you smiling like that?" her dad was too curious not to ask her.

"Nothing, I'm just happy that we live here." it wasn't a lie.

"Okay then, what are you going to do today?" her mother asked.

"I would love to go back to the place that I saw yesterday." she wanted to go back but she also needed an excuse to meet Matteo without them knowing about it.

"Are you sure about that?" her dad was worried.

"Yes, I'm certain." she had a look of certainty on her face and that was enough to convince her parents.

"Have fun then." Monica said.

They ate their breakfast in silence and it was nice. But while they were unpacking the rest of their stuff, her mom couldn't hold in the question anymore.

"So how's it going with your soulmate?" she eventually asked.

Luna was surprised by the question and got nervous. "I'm not sure what you mean." she tried to act casual.

"The boy you were dreaming of. Have you seen him again?" she insisted.

"No... No, I haven't seen him since that dream." she didn't want her mother to know just yet.

"Then maybe I was wrong and he isn't your soulmate." luckily, Monica dropped the subject after that and Luna could properly breathe again. But the conversation made her more nervous.

She was barely present for the rest of the day. The time was almost here. Luna changed clothers right before they were supposed to meet because she wanted to look pretty for him. For the first time in a long time, she was wearing a dress. It wasn't the usual thing to wear for her. She preferred shorts but she wanted to make an exception today. She put on a bit of make-up and left the mansion with her skates to keep up the charade. Her parents frowned when they saw she changed clothes but she left before they could ask her anything.

She left a half an hour before they were supposed to meet because she still had to find the way to that spot. It took her about 20 minutes to find it but she found the exact same spot where they were skating in her dream last night. It was weird to know this place was real. She went to sit down and waited for Matteo to come.

Matteo has never been so nervous in his entire life. He's going to meet her for real. He's going to see her in real life. He still couldn't believe it. Besides being nervous, he was also happy to finally being able to do this. He has been impatient the entire day and Gastón noticed.

"Relax, everything will be okay. You're Matteo Balsano, the king of the rink. Every girl who has ever met you, has fallen for you and this time won't be different." his best friend tried to say some encouraging words.

"But it's never been like this. I've never seen a girl in my dreams before. Now, she's always in my dreams. I can't stop thinking about her. She makes me feel something I never felt before. It's not the same, do you understand?" he sounded a bit angry because of his nerves.

"I know but she was happy to finally meet you too, right?" he kept going with the encouragement.

"She seemed very happy." he thought back on his dream. This made him smile.

"There's nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll have a great time."

He couldn't stop smiling. He was more secure of himself now. "Thanks, bro. Thanks for helping me calm down." 

They gave each other a hug and that's when Matteo left to get ready.

He wanted to change his clothes because he didn't think the clothes he was wearing were good enough. He searched and searched for the perfect clothes and decided to go with a T-shirt and a gray vest with matching pants. He had no idea what was going to happen but he used some mouth spray just in case.

It was finally time for him to go. Despite being confident about the meeting, he was still very nervous. He had no idea what to expect and he wondered if she looked exactly the same as in his dreams. 

The moment has finally arrived, she was already sitting there on the bench. His hands started to get sweaty. He slowly stepped towards Luna and the more steps he took, the more nervous he was.

He finally arrived at the bench and Luna didn't notice him at first. She was playing with her bracelet, he immediately noticed. It was the cutest thing he has ever seen. He could stare at her like that for hours but decided not to.

"Hi." it was all he could make himself say.

Luna immediately looked up from her bracelet and looked into the direction the voice was coming from.

Her nerves seemed to go away once she saw him, just like the snow melts when he sees the sun. She smiled from ear to ear. He returned her smile and went to sit next to her.

They looked at each other with smiles for a long time, the silence was nice. They were both happy to see each other. 

After a couple of long minutes, she finally answered: "Hi, Matteo." 

He held out his hand and said: "Nice to meet you."

She shook his hand and answered: "Nice to meet you too." They laughed because and their last remaining nerves faded away.

It felt like they were in one of their dreams. It felt completely normal to them.

They also felt the same. Happy to see the other, feeling something they never felt before.

Matteo took in the view and commented: "You're just as small as in our dreams." he tried to joke to lift the tension he felt.

She pushed his shoulder to pretend that she felt insulted but couldn't hold in her laugh. "I see you do have the same sense of humour as in our dreams." 

"Well, you seem to be the same too." he commented.

They laughed and looked at each other.

"I'm happy to finally see you in real life." she eventually said.

"Me too. You know? I was very nervous to meet you." he shyly admitted.

"I was too but I'm not anymore." she answered.

They smiled again. "I'm very happy that you live so close now." he went on. "We should definitely meet more often." 

"We definitely should." she decided it was best if he had the word.

"I'd love to get to know you better." he moved closer to her. "What do you say if we go skate together sometime?" he suggested.

"Sounds amazing. I would love to skate with you." she let out a little laugh.

"Then you can see some more moves of the king of the rink." with this he leaned in closer to her.

"I can't wait, chico fresa." she leaned in as well.

Their lips were inches away now. The world seemed to have disappeared. It was just the two of them. They started breating in sync. Both their hearts started beating faster. They stopped thinking. All they could think of was the other's lips. They've been wanting to do this for a while. They held it in until now. They let their hearts speak, they didn't care about what was going to happen after. All they thought of was now. Their lips stayed like this for a very long time. They both wondered if this was going to happen or not. They both didn't want to make the first move so they were just sitting there, frozen.