Now what?

"Well? What is it?" Chloe asks trying to peek over my shoulder.

"Its from Tom," I tell her. I give her the letter and she scans it for herself.

"Damn this boy knows how to apologize," Chloe says still reading.

"What do you think? Should I talk to him in person?" I ask.

"That's not my decision to make," Chloe replies.

"Since when did you get wise?" I tease.

"About five seconds ago," she smiles. "But for real, I think you should think about this."

"Yeah, okay," I say. Maybe he is really sorry. I stand there thinking for another solid five minutes. "Guess I'm going to the park after school," I say outloud.

"That was a quick think over," Chloe chuckles.

"You know me, I love jumping into things," I sarcastically joke.

As I go the rest of the day pondering about the note. I had this feeling in the back of my head that I couldn't get rid of. What if this is just a joke? What if this was a prank set up by one of his friends? "What if I'm too late?" I whisper to myself.

*RING*

With the final bell ringing, ending the school day I head to my car and drive right over to the park. I head straight for the bench where I met him last time.

He's not here! Oh God I am too late!... Oh wait, it's only 4pm. Wow I'm an idiot. I giggle at myself. Since he won't be here for another hour, may as well get some homework done.

I pull out my computer and go to work. As I'm typing my essay for English I don't notice that Tom is standing right behind me reading my essay.

"How long have you been here?" He asks amazed. "I could've sworn I wrote down 5pm."

"You did, I just arrived early."

"Oh."

We sit for a moment in awkward silence.

"Sooo, do you want to ask me anything?" Tom asks quietly.

"Are you really twenty? You look twelve," I tease.

"Out of everything you could ask you decide to roast me instead?" He smiles.

"I was hoping you would come back to school after..." I trail off.

"Yeah, Harrison told my director you found out about the whole "identity thing" so my director pulled me out," he explains.

"Oh."

"But I'm here now so whatever you need to say to me I'm ready so go ahead and yell at me." Tom closes his eyes and squinchs his face up.

"I'm sorry."

"What?" He opens his eyes up.

"I was a total bitch when I found out, I guess this secret reminded me of my fake ass ex and I took my anger out on you instead of listening, so yeah I'm sorry for being a bitch of a friend," I apologize. Tom just stands there looking at me. Say something please.... "Tom?"

"I came here to apologize for lying and I hated being a fake," he says disgusted in himself. "But WHO the hell would voluntarily act fake just to be an ass?!" He says shocked. "I swear if I get my hands on this guy I will make his life miserable for doing...what did he do?" Tom cuts himself off and asks.

"Oh boy where to start, he lied about being single, he pretended to be something he's not, and I think he stole 10$ from me," I list. I look at Tom. His face is beet red. "Buut it's in the past so no need to stop breathing," I rush my sentence.

"Hmp," Tom huffs steaming with anger.

"Hey," I get his attention. He looks at me, his face slowly going back to normal. "Are we okay? You know back to before the fallout?" I smile gently at him. He looks down, his face a soft neutral expression.

"I don't want to go back to normal," he says softly. "I don't want to be friends."

I stand there shocked. To think I came here with fee-

"I want to be more than friends," he looks at me.

I start to giggle and my giggling turns into laughter, leaving Tom confused.

"I don't under-"

"You really don't know how to ask someone out," I chuckle. " Why do you think I came? If this was just an argument between friends I wouldn't have come back."

"I'm so fucking confused." Tom states. I give him a moment to think it through. "OHHHHH Fuck, that's a yes right?" He smiles.

"Yes," I smile back.