Chapter 20: To be a good brother

"You're not from around here, are you?"

Blue smoothly turned towards the mysterious woman who had taken the stool next to his. The gym leader had been casually enjoying a drink in a very lively club in Koni Koni City. Red was off exploring the wilderness of Akala island, so Blue had decided to relax at the local hot spot for the evening.

The woman who had spoken to him was a pretty little number, for sure. She looked to be close to his age. She had gorgeous chocolate brown skin, chin length black hair and sparkling dark eyes accentuated by some expertly applied makeup. She wore an impressive amount of jewelery; around her neck, wrists, hips and even ankles but really, Blue was mostly distracted from the shining stones by the woman's curvaceous figure and exposed skin. Her pink, midriff baring tank top and booty shorts left little to the imagination.

"Is it that obvious?" Blue played along, offering her his best charming smile.

The woman's peach glossy lips smiled back, and she rested her elbows on the bar, mimicking Blue's posture. There was something about her that really caught the gym leader's attention and it wasn't just her ample bosom and overall hotness. The way she moved, the way she spoke, the way she carried herself; she radiated with a confidence he rarely ever saw in women this young. She looked proud and powerful in a way not unlike his own, except she didn't give off an aura of arrogance like he tended to. Interesting...

"Well, you wouldn't be so pale if you were from Alola," she lightly teased regarding the stark contrast of their respective skin tones. Blue laughed along.

"You got me there," he said playfully. "I'm Blue Oak," he added, extending his hand. "You may know me as the most successful gym leader in Kanto history but I was also a league champion in my time."

The blonde smirked, certain to impress her.

She did raise a curious eyebrow, amused by his flagrant display of 'show-offyness'. Not that he actually tried to hide it, anyway. He was an honest one.

"Well met, Mr Oak," she acknowledged, taking his hand and shaking it. Neither of the two could deny the little spark that originated from the simple contact. "I am Olivia, Kahuna of Akala Island and member of the Alolan League Elite Four," she recited, imitating his bold way of introducting himself.

Blue and Olivia spent a pleasant moment conversing about their jobs, their pokémon and his experience with Alola so far. After just a couple of hours, they talked like old friends.

"That's a nice pendant you got there," Olivia brought up eventually, eyeing the gym leader's moonstone necklace. Blue could tell that she was genuinely interested in the trinket. She did mention she owned a jewelery shop and that she was passionate about rocks and rock type pokémon.

"I've had that thing forever," he replied dismissively. "It's kind of a souvenir."

"Rocks are made of memories of things long gone. That's why rock types are the toughest of them all."

"I'd be inclined to prove you wrong about that," he challenged smugly, "but I'm not in the mood for a battle right now."

"Well, there are other things we could do," she trailed off suggestively. She got up, her ankle bracelets jingling with her movements. "I could show you my shop, if you like," she offered, leaning in very deliberately towards him, giving him a great view of her cleavage, the tip of her fingers brushing along the side of his neck. Blue felt a jolt of excitement through his whole body. She certainly didn't beat around the bush, this lady. She was just as aware as he was of the affinity they had with eachother. This evening was turning out great, after all.